Power Pole Pro II or Blades ?

I am about to buy a Power Pole for my G3 Tin Boat (Eagle Talon 17 DLX). The boat is only designed for one power pole and weight will be an issue so do not want to add unnecessary weight.

I am curious to know the advantages in performance of the Blade over the Pro II series. I like the fact that the Pro II is lighter but I heard that the Blades perform better. Is this better performance only marginal or is it game changing ? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I would say it's in the eye of the beholder.. The thicker recessed spike is nice however it's not a game changer in my opinion on a 17' Aluminum G3..

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    As Rich stated wouldnt be that much performance gain on the lightweight G3. The slight difference in hold would come from less pole flex due to the heavier spike with plastic overmold and the stronger pump . With an aluminum g3 its not like your working with a heavy rig. The blade does offer the soft close system where the spike tucks into a u channel that makes for a nice clean apprearence with no pole slap. This feature alone is well worth the upgrade for the blade IMO.