Thread: VX 19??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    i can neither confirm nor deny any rumors , stories or theories about future plans
    Haha yeah that's fine with me but the last month has been very common people looking and talking about 19'ers all across the board. I figured saying your name would get a response though. Now we know how you have read this haha
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Are the aluminum boats selling as hot as it's being mentioned, not stirring the pot or questioning this, just wondering if thats acccurate. Never seen one on the water up here, guessing they must be showing up down south a lot more.
    Yet to see one on the water myself. One dealer that i know of out here selling them.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VexusEarl View Post
    I don't think they have big plans for a 19' glass boat! If you want that boat you would be MUCH better off with a AVX2080 or a 1980!

I have had my 2080 out in some tournament conditions now and it's HANDS DOWN better than any 19' glass boat I have been in. Why would they build a 19' glass boat that's going to be 60K+ when they already have a boat to fill that need at a cheaper price point?

Here are some numbers for you (may not be 100% accurate but very close)... There are around 1700 new fiberglass boats boat a year sold 75+% of those are 20-21' boats. So if you can only build X amount of boats a year maximum wouldn't you just build what the biggest demand is for. Plus like mentioned above their aluminum line is selling great still too. They have all the work they really want currently to keep up with the demand they have. Adding in filler that is less then 15% of the market is not great business.

Being in manufacturing I clearly understand this. There is only so much time in a week, and you have to focus on what gives you the greatest return the quickest. It is VERY easy to stay busy doing little things and taking time away from what needs to be getting done! I am NOTTTTT saying they won't build a 19' glass boat and may very well next year, but I don't think its a high priority for them or a big demand!
    I disagree. The 20 foot Aluminum has the same motor as my 19 foot PII. It does 70+ and handles the wind great and does not get blown around.
    Using the build on Vexus, I can get the 19 foot glass for 4k cheaper with better electronics, and a better trailer.

I believe Vexus has by far the best looking and designed Aluminum models. I was looking at getting into a new 19 foot Aluminum boat. Vexus was at the top of my list. We have a dealer in Alexandria/Pineville.
    The price comparison to a glass boat, or even a used low hour glass boat is too close. The Aluminum boat industry has priced itself near the Glass.
    Had the prices been better, I would be in an aluminum.
    I got way more for my money by buying a used glass with 40 hours and warranty.

Personally I believe Vexus would sell the mess out of a 19 foot glass.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    Interesting boating industry article on the trend to larger bass boats, and I think you’ll recognize some of the leaders in this market and their comments on the bass boats they are creating:

https://boatingindustry.com/top-stor...hing-goes-big/
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I disagree. The 20 foot Aluminum has the same motor as my 19 foot PII. It does 70+ and handles the wind great and does not get blown around.
    Using the build on Vexus, I can get the 19 foot glass for 4k cheaper with better electronics, and a better trailer.

I believe Vexus has by far the best looking and designed Aluminum models. I was looking at getting into a new 19 foot Aluminum boat. Vexus was at the top of my list. We have a dealer in Alexandria/Pineville.
    The price comparison to a glass boat, or even a used low hour glass boat is too close. The Aluminum boat industry has priced itself near the Glass.
    Had the prices been better, I would be in an aluminum.
    I got way more for my money by buying a used glass with 40 hours and warranty.

Personally I believe Vexus would sell the mess out of a 19 foot glass.
    You are comparing apples and oranges! Vexus is not going to build a 19' fiberglass boat this is anywhere close to the price of their 20' aluminum boat. Also, curious what new 19' glass boat you are getting that is 4K cheaper with "better" trailer, going to need you to define better?

Again, I am NOT saying they won't build a 19' boat, and there is no doubt they would sell a few. There is also no doubt they have a time table for EVERY model that they are going to release, and I am sure it's been talked about.

6. Member
    You are comparing apples and oranges! Vexus is not going to build a 19' fiberglass boat this is anywhere close to the price of their 20' aluminum boat. Also, curious what new 19' glass boat you are getting that is 4K cheaper with "better" trailer, going to need you to define better?

Again, I am NOT saying they won't build a 19' boat, and there is no doubt they would sell a few. There is also no doubt they have a time table for EVERY model that they are going to release, and I am sure it's been talked about.
    I priced the 20 foot Vexus aluminum with similar options and it came to near 54k dollars. This a BCB offerings.
    So yes you can get a glass 19 foot glass for the same price or better. This model also comes with 3 graphs.
    My point is that the Aluminum boat industry has priced itself into the glass. Under most circumstances you can buy slightly used cheaper.
    My PII was used 1 1/2 years old. 40 hrs with warranty left. Out the door for 36k.
    This isn't about Vexus in general, its the Aluminum boat industry. Of course Vexus is a new company and they have a budget for R&D for future products. I just believe a 19 foot Vexus would sell well.

Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 12-12-2019 at 02:04 AM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

^^^^^ That is a great deal ^^^^^^

If Bass Cat continues these deals the aluminum boat industry will need to take notice and adjust prices accordingly.

This Nationaly Advertised Price includes.....
    Ultrex
    Helix 7 on bow
    Dual Helix 7's on console with dual BalZout mounts
    Mecury Monitor
    Padded front deck
    Manual Jack plate
    Keel Guard
    SS Boarding ladder
    Trailer steps
    and much more....

Really don't know why you would pay more for an aluminum boat when this is available.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    And that is why they are both in business! A boat for everyone.

It's a win win for me, because I'm in the tackle business! I want everyone to own a boat and go fishing. :)

9. Member

It's a win win for me, because I'm in the tackle business! I want everyone to own a boat and go fishing. :)
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

10. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I priced the 20 foot Vexus aluminum with similar options and it came to near 54k dollars. This a BCB offerings.
    So yes you can get a glass 19 foot glass for the same price or better. This model also comes with 3 graphs.
    My point is that the Aluminum boat industry has priced itself into the glass. Under most circumstances you can buy slightly used cheaper.
    My PII was used 1 1/2 years old. 40 hrs with warranty left. Out the door for 36k.
    This isn't about Vexus in general, its the Aluminum boat industry. Of course Vexus is a new company and they have a budget for R&D for future products. I just believe a 19 foot Vexus would sell well.
    And you can get a Nitro Z19 even cheaper than a BCB?
    That doesn't make it a better boat, only cheaper?

99a927962c4bb2124abff965c13bf7e4.jpg

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

Great Answer .. ! ! !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12