Mercury ignition switch wiring diagram?

I am trying to diagnose why I have no power at my to my keypad. I have a 2012 Legend Alpha 211 that has this ignition switch (87-897716K01). Anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for it? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    The key switch shouldn't be supplying power to the keypad unless the keypad is used for starting the outboard like on a Ranger, then it wouldn't need a switch. I don't have a switch diagram, can probably get what you want on the Mercury forum, however I think you're chasing the wrong rabbit. A keypad usually gets it's power from the cranking battery with a breaker between the cranking battery and the keypad.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    Ok. So I have 12v at the battery, 12v on both sides of the breaker, and 12v at the “brain box” under the console. I have nothing at the ign. switch. Some have told me the red wire on the switch should be hot all the time and the purple wire sends signal to the brain box. I have checked all fuses I can find. My boat has to have the ign. switch to start the boat. I greatly appreciated your advice.

4. Member
    Does your boat start with the key or a touch pad. On most straight ignition swithes you have a red that is always hot. You will have a yellow with red tracer going to the starter solenoid, a purple that is hot with key on and a black ground, then possibly another wire(can't remember color) that goes to a M terminal. This wire is used in grounding for the sake of killing the motor. On some Mercury outboards there is a fuse under the cowl, usually on the starboard side, that controls the ignition.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    So I found a blown fuse on the engine and now have power to the ignition switch. The purple wire is hot when the switch is turned to acc. and I bumped the engine. The brain box now has a flashing led red/green/red/green.......but the keypad has nothing. I’m hoping it just a bad keypad. Thanks for all the help.