Is a Full Restoration Insurable as a "New" Boat?

I'm currently, painstakingly, doing a full restoration of a 1996 Champion 171SC Bass Boat. All wood is being removed and replaced with Coosa 26 composites, all critical laminations bedding Coosa 26 in being set with West Systems Epoxy, 1708 S-Glass is used for all reinforcement of stringer system laminations replacing the chop mat the manufacturer used. New Gelcoat, New Wiring, Rigging, Carpet, Plumbing, Steering, Seating, Jackplate, Trolling Motor, Hardware, Fuel Tank, and Flotation. The only part of the original boat being saved is the Hull Shell only. A deep V 17ft Bass Boat is not offered today. I do this for a living, have my own business, and this project would, if invoiced, be well north of $25K for just the completed Hull. Documentation with photographs have been taken as the project progresses. My question is in the eyes of the Underwriters is this a "New Boat" or a "1996 Used Boat". Of course I want to insure this unit when completed. If our state registration body created a new HIN would that make a difference? Thank you for responding.

2. Member
    I have a declared value policy through progressive.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

3. Member
    I doubt anything you do would make it a NEW boat and you'd never get a new HIN. Agreed Value is the only way I think.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Give me a call when you can and I will help you with this. Bob Luellen 517-627-8080