1998 200 EFI 0G726235 regulators maybe?

Driving the lake this past weekend and noticed I didnt have all power. Seemed a little sluggish getting on pad. I was running about 4200 RPM and when I hit the trim up button the boat took off like it had full power. I know the boat accelerates when you trim, but this was different like I pressed the scramble button. I did notice burnt wires on my regulator wires but my voltage at gauge and stuff seems fine. Didn't know if bad regulators would cause this seems like a grounding issue. Stator visually looks fine. Any help is appreciated and I will post my results when I get this thing fixed

2. Member
    Burnt plugs indicate a problem,comes from overheating or over voltage. Smell of them,if they smell burnt,they probably are. Others can give you more info tomorrow.

3. Member
    check for spark on all 6 first if your ergs are not the newer fused ones I would suggest changing them if you see signs of burnt connections
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1 ^^^^^

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Ok I have spark on all 6. Can you give me the part number for the new regulators and the stator? Think I’m going to just change them all out to be safe.

6. Member
    9610A19 stator wouldn't replace unless I knew it was bad $$$$$$$$,8m0084173 regs need 2
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Ok just didn’t want the stator to burn up new regulators if it was bad. Thanks for the info. I will order them and let you
    know the outcome.