'05 Ranger Z21 Comanche w/ Yamaha 250hp Vmax - Not shifting into Foward

Hi - I have a 2005 Ranger Z21 Comanche with a Yamaha250hp Vmax engine. The boat shifts into Reverse and Neutral, but when I try toshift into Forward, it jumps into Forward and then right back into neutral, andthere is a red blinking light on what I believe is the Shift Actuator (asilver/aluminum box with a clear plastic top that's got 2 cables and wiresrunning into it). It was working fine, but after a long bumpy ride back home,it developed this problem. I've checked the lower case oil level and it's OK.Any ideas? (I've also posted this message in the Ranger Boat forum.) Thanks - Joe.

2. Member
    Check the shift actuator at the bottom of the engine, my hpdi did the same thing except it would not go into reverse, a couple bolts from the center cover over coils fell out and jammed the actuator.

3. Member
    Thank for the suggestion, Mullins057. I took the cover off of the engine and looked around the bottom of the engine, but didn't see anything that looked like a loose bolt or screw blocking anything. When you suggested the "bottom of the engine" this is where I assumed you meant, correct? Thanks again. - Joe.