Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oh boy! Recall notice!?!?

Anyone else get the recall notice for all the AVX models?! Potential fuel leak that could result in an explosion or death!?!? Bummed at this.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sj88 View Post
    Anyone else get the recall notice for all the AVX models?! Potential fuel leak that could result in an explosion or death!?!? Bummed at this.
    I did, and that's not the verbage that was used in the letter btw. I have made plans with my dealer, and will have the issue taken care of. Growing pains, stuff happens.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

3. Member
    Mine said... “if you do not have your boat inspected and repaired, this could lead to a potential fuel leak inside your boat, and could result in potential fire or explosion and serious injury or death.”

4. Member
    I mean. That is what could happen with any fuel leak.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

5. Member
    does anyone know what the fix will be?
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Move the tank 2", replace fuel line to gas cap and add some rubber padding. Dealers are allocated 1.5 hours to do the inspection/repair. I believe there are only 2 boats found with this issue, however I am sure the dealers will be providing detailed feedback if any more are found during the inspection. Voluntary recall. I.e. proactively addressing a potential issue. TBH, just fueled up my boat and plan on fishing this weekend. The issue is with the fuel line when filling up and I don't have anything leaking or smell of fuel.

Also if anyone with a 2080 is gonna jump to the other end of the spectrum and say they are selling their boat now, let me know i am interested in upgrading to 2080.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 09-04-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Move the tank 2", replace fuel line to gas cap and add some rubber padding. Dealers are allocated 1.5 hours to do the inspection/repair. Total of 2 found with this issue. Voluntary recall. I.e. proactively addressing a potential issue. TBH, just fueled up my boat and plan on fishing this weekend. The issue is with the fuel line when filling up and I don't have anything leaking or smell of fuel.

Also if anyone with a 2080 is gonna jump to the other end of the spectrum and say they are selling their boat now, let me know i am interested in upgrading to 2080.
    LOL,OK Jonesslk, but I haven't gotten my boat yet, I thought it would be here today.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post
    LOL,OK Jonesslk, but I haven't gotten my boat yet, I thought it would be here today.
    I would be surprised if the 2020 models are included in the voluntary recall. They made process changes when the first issue popped up a couple months ago. I would call Vexus(Keith D or Lance Newton) or ask your dealer to confirm

9. Member
    ok, will do tomorrow. thanks for the great info !
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

Yep got that letter in the mail yesterday, what a bummer.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

11. Member
    Got the letter yesterday not that big of a deal no different than auto recall

12. Moderator
    Got mine yesterday. Just droped mine off at dealer Monday for trollling motor repair. good timing I guess......
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

Hmm, curious to see how this unfolds on the forum. Historically, owners got their hands slapped when defending the brand or calling bullshit on a post. However, nothing is said at all when people bash the brand and/or criticize the approach Vexus takes. (i.e cracked weld, over 13 pages of posts, many slamming the "repair" Vexus made, but not one time was anyone told to stop. You know the haters are going to show up in full force on this issue, let's see if they get their lips flicked for their opinions. The owners sure do.

Regarding the recall, it happens to every single brand out there. Vexus is far from immune to it. I am still thrilled of my purchase. It is a voluntary recall that obviously Vexus wanted to make sure they are keeping owners safe. Tough call on their part, if there is truly only ~2 substantiated cases to date, kudos to them for owning it and taking the black eye to make it right. Definitely the right call, if you know of an issue and something bad happens, that is negligence in the eyes of the court.
    Last edited by tghtlines; 09-04-2019 at 10:21 AM.

14. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post
    does anyone know what the fix will be?
    Yes - trade it in on a Ranger....

(Ain't hate'n, just say'n..)
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    Hmm, curious to see how this unfolds on the forum. Historically, owners got their hands slapped when defending the brand or calling bullshit on a post. However, nothing is said at all when people bash the brand and/or criticize the approach Vexus takes. (i.e cracked weld, over 13 pages of posts, many slamming the "repair" Vexus made, but not one time was anyone told to stop. You know the haters are going to show up in full force on this issue, let's see if they get their lips flicked for their opinions. The owners sure do.

Regarding the recall, it happens to every single brand out there. Vexus is far from immune to it. I am still thrilled of my purchase. It is a voluntary recall that obviously Vexus wanted to make sure they are keeping owners safe. Tough call on their part, if there is truly only ~2 substantiated cases to date, kudos to them for owning it and taking the black eye to make it right. Definitely the right call, if you know of an issue and someone bad happens, that is negligence in the eyes of the court.

Why would anyone criticize Vexus for voluntarily fixing a dangerous situation?

You are comparing apples to oranges.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Move the tank 2", replace fuel line to gas cap and add some rubber padding. Dealers are allocated 1.5 hours to do the inspection/repair. I believe there are only 2 boats found with this issue, however I am sure the dealers will be providing detailed feedback if any more are found during the inspection. Voluntary recall. I.e. proactively addressing a potential issue. TBH, just fueled up my boat and plan on fishing this weekend. The issue is with the fuel line when filling up and I don't have anything leaking or smell of fuel.

If acurate, that's remarkably specific and detailed knowledge considering it was just announced...

Quote Originally Posted by Mega_Micropterus View Post
    If acurate, that's remarkably specific and detailed knowledge considering it was just announced...
    It is accurate, feel free to call and verify or ask any owner who had the work done.

18. Member
    I remember when Triton had to recall boats because gel coat issues not all that long ago. Happens as long as it is taken care. Even the best builders in the world screw things up sometimes. Like I said a long time ago, lots of growing pains with a first generation of any company.
    Least this fix is not with a mallet haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    I remember when Triton had to recall boats because gel coat issues not all that long ago. Happens as long as it is taken care. Even the best builders in the world screw things up sometimes. Like I said a long time ago, lots of growing pains with a first generation of any company.
    Least this fix is not with a mallet haha.

The mallet worked great for me Saved me a trip to the dealer.

20. Member
    Jones it amazes me how quickly you respond - you should be incoporated into the Vexus logo or something. You have some serious passion for this boat brand haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast