Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I just had my first boat problem on my 2008 classic. Butt splice on one of the two wires going to the rear anchor light was loose and caused a little flickering. I decided to drill out rivets, remove socket, repair both splices outside where it was easier to work. Took all of 30 minutes total. Not bad for an eleven year old boat...
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Here is a big reason to buy a Cat:

When I met Rick Pierce, he was literally upside down under a Sabre console troubleshooting the touch panel. This was at the 2008 Owner’s Invitational. After determining the issue, Rick made a phone call and had one of his staff make repairs on the spot. Then he helped me get my boat situated in the slip and battery charger hooked up (while explaining that I needed to keep the back hatch open a little to dissipate the gasses from charging). When I ran into Rick a few years later, he remembered my name and my boat. BCB truly is a family, and they make you feel part of the family as well. The entire organization takes their cue from the boss, and it shows. That passion is evident in every facet of the company, from production to sales to support.
    Bass Cat has always been this way and is reflective of why they remain number 1!
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

Wish I could fit one though my 94.5" garage door opening

@Travelbass, as I mentioned, there's a lot of "Kool-Aid" being poured and consumed. Best thing to do is hitch a ride in the boats brands you are interested in(this brand and Phoenix). Ask to go over everything about the boats. Be courteous about taking up too much of another fisherman's time though. You are already familiar with Triton and you know what you have and can expect out of a Triton. The other two are your "wild cards". I viewed your threads on both boards with owner responses. Both groups tout excellent customer service, both offered what they like about their choices. Both brands offer multiple engine brands. One group of owners slipped a few jabs ("observations/opinions") about a few other brands.
    It must be the Kool-Aid.

5. Member
    I agree with the above, when you go to a board and ask about their brand you generally have the same answer above. Along with every dealer saying they sell the best boat on the water bar none. Bass cat has man options and I’d say explore each one and find the one that fits you best. And then go to the other brands and see which one is “all it’s cracked up to be” but without someone chirping in your ear. Good luck with your search. If you decide bass cat you won’t go wrong.

6. Member
    Good information for TravelingBass.
    Cant go wrong with either decision. Both have great customer service. But don't confuse "Kool-Aid" from fact. As stated, you need to drive and work the TM on whatever brand/Models interest you.

If for any reason you should need parts for your BCB, everything you need is here. For me this also Customer Service/Support.
    https://www.basscatstore.com/

Happy boat hunting!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Member
    When I was in your shoes I was coming out of Champion. That was back in 2007. I met Rick at a show and he took hours going over every inch of a boat with my wife and I. I had gave plant tours for a local Champion dealer back then and knew how boats were constructed. Rick needs to write a book on the industry. He's a walking history book on bass fishing and our boat brands. He never pushed me one way or the other, simply answered my questions. I wanted a Yamaha engine but bought a Merc. As luck would have it I got a bad copy. My local dealer, selling dealer and Rick bent over backward to make that engine right! Tho it blew three times in the first ten hours I never went more than one day without my boat!! They ended up making it more than right with a new Mercury motor, not a rebuild. I bought my second Cat from the same dealer. He's about six hours from me. I wish he was closer. Sherm is a not only a top notch dealer he is a GREAT guy. Most every dealer I've ever met is first class. Rick and his crew seem to do a great job keeping everything like one big family. I've emailed him on things since I've sold my Cat and he still answers. I have no doubt Sherm would answer if I called today.

I currently own a Ranger aluminum boat. If I were in the market for a glass boat Cat would be at the very top of the list. I truly don't think there is a "best" bass boat made. Cat builds a FANTASTIC boat and they flat out know how to treat their customers. Everyone you will come in contact with will treat you with respect and dignity. I can't say that for every other brand of boat I've owned. I've NEVER seen the CEO of another brand online answering a question much less responding to an owner on a forum.

I have fished tournaments here locally with Clouse, well not with him, he was there. He wouldn't know me if I walked up and slapped him LOL. I have gave plenty of Triton Demo rides. I was a volunteer at the BASS Event here on Old Hickory when Triton debuted their boats. My parter and I won plenty of good sized tournaments back then, another words we've crossed paths and I am a pee on to him. I've met Rick a few times and if my wife and I saw him in town he would call me by name. What kind of person do you want to do business with, or does it even matter? Good luck on the win win decision.

8. Member
    I keep coming back to see the comments here on this post. And virtually everyone has had the same experience ! Rick is amazing. If he meets you once, he'll remember your name and what boat you have. His whole organization will treat you like no other. Period.

I guess you could say it like this: When you buy a BassCat, you don't get 'just a boat'. You get the whole team....ready and willing to help...anytime you need them. Truly exceptional at every level.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Wish I could fit one though my 94.5" garage door opening
    I think the new Pantera Classic can have a trailer made to fit that opening as the boats beam is 90" (it carries that beam wayyyy forward) call BCB and find out!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    I think the new Pantera Classic can have a trailer made to fit that opening as the boats beam is 90" (it carries that beam wayyyy forward) call BCB and find out!
    Yes they have a trailer...but it ain't going to be pretty. I looked into this as I have a garage that has a 8' door, and I was told that in order to make it work they build a trailer with a narrower trailer, fenders, wheels, and the boat will sit a lot higher on this trailer.

Not necessarily...

We don’t know who informed you of such and on the wider beams yes, they will raise the boat. On a Pantera Classic they can narrow it more than the standard trailer without excessively raising the boat.

BCB

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Not necessarily...

We don’t know who informed you of such and on the wider beams yes, they will raise the boat. On a Pantera Classic they can narrow it more than the standard trailer without excessively raising the boat.

BCB
    BCB, what is the stock width on the 3 and 4 inch Classic trailer? How much can the trailer be narrowed without excessively raising the boat? What would you consider excessive on raising it?

It should only raise a couple inches, and the narrowing can get 4” pretty easily. To go more like 6” that requires more height.

14. Member
    Cant beat the customer service and quality!!!!!!

15. Member
    Thanks for the answers BCB

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostone View Post
    Thanks for the answers BCB
    That is an example of the customer service us BassCat owners see. Not many bass boat manufacturers answer questions on here.
    Brad Krone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12