Back tires keep locking up

Hello- I have a 2004 triton Tr20 and the back tires on my trailer keep locking up. It only happens when backing into my driveway. There is little dip then my driveway starts. As soon as I hit that little dip they lock up. Its starting to drive me crazy... Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Check your connection for the back-up/brake lock out at the truck and at the plug on the trailer side. Sounds like you're not getting power or a bad connection.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Yea, I figured its an electrical issue. Thanks!

4. Member
    Since the trailer and truck change relationship at that dip, I'd think the white wire, ground, is not connected and the ball is making the connection.

5. Member
    Great. Thank you!

6. Member
    Also, I have to collapse my swing tongue every time to fit the boat in my garage. I'm thinking that's causing the wiring issue ?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakman33 View Post
    Also, I have to collapse my swing tongue every time to fit the boat in my garage. I'm thinking that's causing the wiring issue ?
    You might have hit the nail on the head. Some swing trailers are grounded to the front and lose the ground when the trailer moves on the hinge. You might need an additional grounding wire from the tongue to the back part.

8. Member
    Thanks!

9. Member
    Check your back up lights on your trailer. Check for blown fuse in your truck. I think it’s labeled trailer back up. I had the same problem. It was my back up light on the trailer. Bad contact. I would take it off the trailer, clean it and put it back on. It would work for awhile, then blow a fuse again. Hope this helps
    Charley
    2019 Phoenix 919 PRO XP
    225 pro XS 4 stroke mercury 24p fury
    model # 12250033A
    motor serial # 2B599078

10. Member
    Thanks! appreciate it.

Are these surge brakes? If so, you probably have a lockout device you can put in sliding portion of the actuator to prevent the lockup. It stops the actuator from compressing.

On my rig the blue wire connects to the actuator solenoid and when it's working you don't have to use the above mentioned lockout device. The other end of the blue wire ties into the white reverse lights on my truck. If yours is similar, make sure your backup lights on your rig are coming on when you put it in reverse. If they aren't, you're blue wire isn't hot and it's not triggering the solenoid which is why it's locking up.