Power pole looks take a turn for the worse.

In my opinion obviously.
    I had a set of Gen 1 blades. Had a crack in one of the thermoplastic lines. PP customer service was awesome and set me up on a great deal on upgrading to the new hoses.
    Rather in depth task but it was what i wanted being my blades were pristine condition.
    Fast forward, i got all that put back together and got to thinking and studying on the new CM2 stuff.
    So i cut my Gen 1s loose and purchased a new set of 8 foot blades to be able to have the New technology.

Upon arrival i noticed they were of this new and improved style of stern bracket that only the 10 footers had previously. I was not happy at all as i absolutely do not like the way they look. I contacted my supplier and complained in short order. No course of action as this is the new design and the "old style" are only available for warranty purposes im told.
    So i sat on it for a couple of days and figured well it must be a better design as PP usually does their homework and doesnt just throw stuff out there like some do. I convinced myself that I could live with them.

This weekend I finally got around to putting them on the boat, and i have to say. The new bracket has taken a turn for the gawdyness that talons have always had in my opinion. It is bulky looking and very not pleasing to the eye.

Hopefully i can get over the fact that my once aesthetically pleasing, blades have got hit with the ugly stick but they still perform as they should.

I hate to write anything negative about them as I think PP/ JL Marine is an awesome company and seemingly a great group of guys but I felt it was worth putting out there as for anyone looking at them. There are many pictures out there of the older style as one may not receive what they are looking at.
    If I had known I wouldnt have an option on the new style. I would have kept my old ones.

2. Member
    Post a pic

3. Member
    I installed a pair of 8 ft Blades in red and I think they look great.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    We havent had any complaints from our customers about the new stern bracket design or look, ( most like it better) It is a dramatic improvement on the stern bracket design from the old one. We however inform the customer of the change ( new bracket design) and always ask if they already have a older stern bracket 2.0 ( pre may 2019) so that way we can order them a match so they are not mismatched ( old stern bracket and new stern bracket). Im very sorry to hear you dont like the looks of the new stern bracket I belive it is more modern looking and certinly a better mouse trap in the form of function with the stainless steel and Polymer core for shock absorption.
    blade 1.jpgblade10SternBreakout_03.jpg

5. Member
    After having the kids use my single 8ft Blade bracket for climbing back into the boat while swimming, I like the new bracket cover design even more. I installed it with the bolt heads exposed, and the bolt ends and nuts concealed by the cover. Had I done it the other way, they would have been getting hung up if not outright cut on the bolt ends. So certainly no complaints here. To me it's more a matter of just different rather than better or worse and not that big a deal, but it's opinion all the way.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    After having the kids use my single 8ft Blade bracket for climbing back into the boat while swimming, I like the new bracket cover design even more. I installed it with the bolt heads exposed, and the bolt ends and nuts concealed by the cover. Had I done it the other way, they would have been getting hung up if not outright cut on the bolt ends. So certainly no complaints here. To me it's more a matter of just different rather than better or worse and not that big a deal, but it's opinion all the way.
    Didnt happen to use these bolts did you?

wrong bolts.jpg

7. Member
    Noooo - hard pass. No, used the correct ones. I initially had them with the bolt ends and nuts forward, on the front side of the bracket, and I don't know if it was seeing a photo or just that a light bulb went on and I thought, duh, I should turn these around so if I ever fall out and have to get back in I won't get hung up. Then a few days later we go out with the kids and I was further glad that I turned them around.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Noooo - hard pass. No, used the correct ones. I initially had them with the bolt ends and nuts forward, on the front side of the bracket, and I don't know if it was seeing a photo or just that a light bulb went on and I thought, duh, I should turn these around so if I ever fall out and have to get back in I won't get hung up. Then a few days later we go out with the kids and I was further glad that I turned them around.
    just checking as people mistake the bolts that are used quite often. we got ahold of this customer the min we seen these pics to get it corrected. glad to hear yopu like the new design.