Thread: Flat Lake

Flat Lake

I was talking to my brother this weekend. He went to Flat Lake last week with someone. He had never been there before. I asked him about the pilings. He said the guy didn't mention pilings and ran wide open across the lake. It's been years since I went there. Did they remove the pilings or is the water still high enough to pass over them?

2. Member
    I was there Monday as well and have been multiple times and never heard of Pilings. If there is some I would like to know as well because while I don't run WOT I did run on plane across the lake from Dorions to Bear bayou.

Speaking of Dorion's. FYI: The right launch is silted in pretty bad so if you trailing up kind of go harder than normal or you will do like me and get beached! I had to gun it some to get on trailer.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

3. Member
    The pilings are only an issue if you come in from the south side of the lake. They run from southwest to northeast. At the halfway point of the old train tracks, there are 4 pilings with reflectors that serve as a safe crossing. I haven't been there in 4-5 years, so not sure if they still exist.

29.44’40”N 91.12’07”W this should get you close to the center of the piles where you should pass.

5. Member
    only passed in others boat and we went through pilings. I would definitely use them. They are there for a reason.

6. Member
    You’ll never see them or come anywhere close to them running from doirons across to 6 mile lake..

7. Member
    The few times I crossed Flat Lake, it was from Russo's landing and went through the pilings. Didn't know you could launch at Doirons and miss them. Thanks guys.

8. Member
    When running from Doiron’s to 6 mile, are you guys talking about getting there from Bayou Jesse?

9. Member
    I launch at Russo's all the time and run to bear. Over 4', I just go straight across. Under 4', I usually go through the pilings. I really don't think they are a concern any longer, though. About 15 years ago, the water got down to 1' and you could see where the pilings ran, but there were only small stick remnants left. I would think they are all pretty much gone now.