2018 SHO Seg Question

I know the skeg on the 250 SHO has a slight curve to it however I bumped a log the other day, was looking at the skeg once I pulled the boat out of the water, and could not remember if the back of the skeg is inline with the lower unit(vertically).
    Just checking here to see if I need to get the back of the skeg straightened out or not.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I believe my skeg has slight curv eto the right when viewed from back of boat looking forward at it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHG View Post
    I know the skeg on the 250 SHO has a slight curve to it however I bumped a log the other day, was looking at the skeg once I pulled the boat out of the water, and could not remember if the back of the skeg is inline with the lower unit(vertically).
    Just checking here to see if I need to get the back of the skeg straightened out or not.
    Thanks
    Yes, it should definitely be aligned straight vertically. The only "curve" is the thicker back curved to the right to replace the old style "torque tab".

4. Member
    You'd know if the skeg is bent when you rub it down the lake trimmed out. It's supposed to have a curve to it to counter prop torque but if you bent it more it's not gonna turn for crap one way or the other at wot