Shimano Curado 70

Looking for a new frog / swim jig reel. Will probably be dedicated to one rod and have braid all the time. Anyone using a 70 for this? how have they held up?

Thanks

2. Banned
    Not the ideal reel for heavy use. Would opt for a 200 model personally. Wont get enough capacity even with 40 or 50lb braid.

Curado 70 is a bulletproof lil platform though line cspacity could be an issue. If you are looking for a smaller profile reel look at SLX it too is a great value for the $$, and just as tough. DC is a great frog reel for the $$. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

4. Member
    I use a 71 for frogs and flipping with no problems at all. As far as line capacity no issue for me.

5. Member
    Where I fish there is not much fogging and flopping isn't "heavy" cover. With that said I have a 70 and it's an awesome reel but I use it for finesse, I'd look at the K. My K is for warts and Rkkrawlers but it is solid.

6. Member
    Since you make longer casts with those type baits, I like others have suggested, would go with a 200 size reel. I absolutely love my Curado 200 Ks. I went with XGs because of the baits I throw with them. For frogs I'd go with an XG. If I were throwing swim jigs with them or other similar baits that you don't really burn, I'd go with the 6.2:1

7. Member
    I have that Curado 70. Just like others, best to use for flipping/pitching but long cast

Swim Jigs - I would go in 6.2/6.3 reel speed or IPT of 26.

8. Member
    I use a 70 for frogs no problem. Just don't use a ton of backing and you're line capacity will be fine with 50lb braid.

+1
    I threw a curado 70 with 50 lb braid on a 7'3 heavy rod , spro frogs , never spooled it.