Youghiogheny Dam 9-1-2019

First let me say I had a fun day today with my wife. Any time I can get her on the water is great even if for an hour or two. Today the water was a little choppy because of a nice breeze. So we spent an hour in a litttle cove not far from the breast. It was protected enough that my wife wasn't getting sick in her stomach.

Well as it always happens with me lately I can't find a bad place to fish on the lake. This little cove was packed with bait fish. With every cast the water would just boil. I was using a blue top white bottom Megabass 110. I was casting parallel to the bank. At times about two feet and other times about five feet. This cove is located across the lake from the shoal bouy at that point as you are leaving the channel from the breast launch.

In a span of an hour and half we caught 5 Pike. We lost some too. Now we didn't break any records but we had some fun.

I then went left out of this cove maybe a couple hundred yards. You will see a nice size tree half way in the water. Give it a try, I picked off three decent bass with the same Megabass. I would have fished that entire side but my wife pointed out it was 5:30pm and the sky was pretty dark. That was my hint she didn't want to get wet.

Last edited by Fx20 2011; 09-01-2019 at 08:01 PM.