Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gorilla Hull - Toledo Fiberglass

Here is a short video that was put on Facebook about the Gorilla Hull. I have one on my Ranger from a few years ago after busting a hole in the pad. No complaints from me at all. There is no real advertisement for the Gorilla Hull. It is pretty much just word of mouth.
    Hope the link works.
    https://www.facebook.com/KTBS3/video...location=group

2. Member
    Thanks,very interesting.

3. Banned
    It’s awesome, unless you have seen one or seen the results of having one, guys just don’t understand.

I installed a gorilla hull and transom from Toledo Fiberglass on my 1998 Bullet back in the day. I can tell you from experience that it's unreal how tough that hull is. They keep the pad smooth so the boat runs out like it should. I don't know if they still do it or not but the warranty carries over to the next boat owner so it's a good selling feature knowing they won't have to pay to ever get it fixed if by some chance it fails. Al is a great guy to deal with..............
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

5. Member
    I’d have this done to my boat but they are a very long way from me. Only negative I hear is maybe a slight speed loss
    Nitro z21

6. Member
    Had a gorilla hull installed this past spring due to hitting a log and putting a hole in my BassCat. Insurance covered it. The folks at Toledo Fiberglass are easy to work with and honest. I have a lifetime warranty on the hull. Having a gorilla hull takes the stress out of running east Texas lakes and rivers. I’d recommend them to anyone.

Anyone ever get a Gorilla Hull put on a boat with hull blisters? Meaning get them repaired?
    1992 Gambler Intimidator with a 1998 Mariner Magnum EFI 225

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VolsFan24 View Post
    Anyone ever get a Gorilla Hull put on a boat with hull blisters? Meaning get them repaired?

Yes, not me; but an Internet buddy out in Del Rio had his Triton coated because of blisters. He actually used a gator hull, which is similar to the gorilla hull.

Look at one of the boats in the vid...it has been ground out where the bunks are. I would think there were blisters there...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. Member
    I wanted them to show a finished boat.

My dad had it on his old Ranger, gouges in the sides of the boat but the bottom, where the gorilla hull was applied was just fine. If you wear it down by beaching the boat, they will fix those spots.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Had one on my last Ranger. Amazing!! Would recommend to anyone with hull issues. Not nearly as expensive as you would think.

Thinking about putting one on my current 2016 Ranger. Have gel coat blisters under bunks.

Can you put Gorilla Hull on an aluminum boat?
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

I would like to see a torcher test video...?
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

15. Member
    It's a great product. I had mine done in 2014 and haven't looked back. Toledo Bend stumps are no match! lol

16. Member
    I had it done to my Gambler and I am very pleased with the hull. Al and his crew are top notch and I am a huge fan of Gorilla Hull.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I cant believe there's that many boat hull problems!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I cant believe there's that many boat hull problems!
    until you fish in all the man made reservoirs in this area and see the trees an stump fields that you run, idle and fish through every trip on lakes with water fluctuations of 4-10' regularly, you just cant grasp the hull dangers coming from the natural lakes. Then the trees and stumps bring unbelievable amounts of floaters and idiots marking trees that broke off and now under water with rebar hammered into the top which might seem great at that current water level. But when it water comes back up 2' and now the rebar is 6" under the water.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    until you fish in all the man made reservoirs in this area and see the trees an stump fields that you run, idle and fish through every trip on lakes with water fluctuations of 4-10' regularly, you just cant grasp the hull dangers coming from the natural lakes. Then the trees and stumps bring unbelievable amounts of floaters and idiots marking trees that broke off and now under water with rebar hammered into the top which might seem great at that current water level. But when it water comes back up 2' and now the rebar is 6" under the water.

And T-post from fences.

20. Member
    I had blisters on my 2009 z 520 and ignored them until i idled over a stump containing a piece of short re-bar and ripped an 8 ft gash in its bottom, I had a gorilla hull put on that included fixing the hull blisters. They ground and smoothed the blistered areas, patched the severly damaged area and then added the gorilla hull last year. No complaints from me and I did not see any decrease in performance either.
    " If you are going to be stupid, you have got to be tough!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast