Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfish11 View Post
    Can you put Gorilla Hull on an aluminum boat?
    They told me No, not on aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    And T-post from fences.
    Also all the rebar that yo yo's are hung on.

3. Member
    Here is a link to the initial hull damage and repair of my boat. You can see that the texture on the hull is not smooth.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=381553&highlight=

4. Member
    Reminds me of the old Elvis movie Clambake,,,,Just saying

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I cant believe there's that many boat hull problems!
    One week on Toledo Bend will give your Missouri boat several years worth of chips, dings, and scratches.

I wish they were closer, i'd have my boat in there for sure.
    Last edited by RFeyoMN; 09-04-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RipNLips View Post
    Also all the rebar that yo yo's are hung on.

Yep....rebar got me a few weeks ago. 8' scratch on bottom of new boat.

7. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I've often thought about taking my glass boat instead of my tin boat down to Toledo Bend for the winters but if I do decide to do that one year, the glass boat wouldn't see the water until it had a Gorilla Hull put on her.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Ah its not that bad. Water is down and if u run out of the boat lanes u will have issues. getting into certain areas when the water is low means you'll be sliding over stumps.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Ah its not that bad. Water is down and if u run out of the boat lanes u will have issues. getting into certain areas when the water is low means you'll be sliding over stumps.
    Yep. Some places feel like a pinball machine trying to get in and out of when it's down a little

10. Member
    Water up or down depends on where you fish. I'm 62 and been fishing the TBend for 50 years. Stumps are very bad in places and no such much in others. A lot and I mean a lot of boats get damaged on TBend.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

I have had Gorilla hull on two different boats. Great product. Dang rebar is killer on boats in our area

I bought my bought with a Gorilla hull on it already. I was actually thinking about talking to them and maybe having it removed depending on performance with the new motor(haven't had it on the water yet). I grew up fishing on TB and never had a problem running my other 4 glass boats without gorilla/gator hulls. But the areas I fish on TB I know really well and if I get in an area that I don't know then I idle. I have lost a few props and destroyed more than one lower unit though.

Now the duck boats are a different story, have had them patched up several times.
    Currently boatless but will always drive a Bass Cat

Quote Originally Posted by kking View Post
    I have had Gorilla hull on two different boats. Great product. Dang rebar is killer on boats in our area
    Does the Gorilla Hull stand up to the rebar?
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmclassic View Post
    I bought my bought with a Gorilla hull on it already. I was actually thinking about talking to them and maybe having it removed depending on performance with the new motor(haven't had it on the water yet). I grew up fishing on TB and never had a problem running my other 4 glass boats without gorilla/gator hulls. But the areas I fish on TB I know really well and if I get in an area that I don't know then I idle. I have lost a few props and destroyed more than one lower unit though.

Now the duck boats are a different story, have had them patched up several times.

I don’t think removing it will be a very good option.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I don’t think removing it will be a very good option.
    While I've thought about it, in reality it probably wouldn't be cost effective for this boat.
    Currently boatless but will always drive a Bass Cat

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmclassic View Post
    While I've thought about it, in reality it probably wouldn't be cost effective for this boat.

Yeah I doubt it would be. They grind the bottom before installing the new material, you’d have to have the entire bottom re-gel coated and that’s even if they could get the coating off to begin with. I’m a bit surprised that you’re not happy with it, I love mine. Run over sticks and the marks wipe right off of it. With my old boat, I’d have to buff the hell out of the hull to remove marks. Yes, I did lose about 3 mph from it; but that’s okay. I don’t have a rocket ship to begin with.

17. Member
    I agree with grout-scout, for me the piece of mind would be worth a few mph.

yes. if it doesn't they will repair it at no cost. But I haven't had any issues

Quote Originally Posted by kking View Post
    yes. if it doesn't they will repair it at no cost. But I haven't had any issues
    I wouldn't want to test it. Might get mine done and keep it for another 15 years.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

20. Member
    The best thing about the Gorilla Hull is the lifetime warranty and is transferable to the new owner. No matter what you hit they will repair it and it is free. I don't know about all lakes, but some have t-post fence post that were left when the lake was filled and if you run over one it is going to damage the bottom of your boat. If they drive rebar into stumps, which in my opinion is stupid to mark them, it will damage your boat. If you run up on rocks or anything that damages your boat the repair is not cheap. It will also cost you more if your boat bottom is damaged and have a Gorilla Hull installed. They have to repair the damage before your Gorilla Hull is installed. You have to take everything out of your boat and drain the gas tanks empty because your boat is turned upside down to install it. When I had mine installed years ago the cost was $2500 and the bottom of my boat was in excellent condition. I did it to have peace of mind that no matter what was done the bottom of the boat would be repaired free. I have a 1998 basscat jaguar and it was the best investment I have ever made for my boat. I didn't lose any noticeable speed as some do and it didn't matter to me because I have never been able to catch a bass running 70 mph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12