Lakes you fish in Mn.

Ok, going back to Paynesville to see a granddaughter and do some fishing. I fished Koronis while I was there last time—- I have fished better lakes in Mn. Going to hit Green, Wolf, and a few others around that area. Any other lakes within 15-20 miles of Paynesville that I should hit?
    Need one good Walleye lake, granddaughter moved up there a year ago has caught everything but a walleye.

Thanks

Koronis and Green would be the two in that area that I'd be sure to hit, and add Minnewaska to the mix (it's maybe the best nearby walleye lake that I know of anyhow). Clearwater in Annandale is a decent one in the other direction. I'm no walleye fisherman, but I think Big Kandi south of Green is a pretty good walleye lake. Eagle Lake between Green and Big Kandi is supposedly a pretty good walleye lake as well. Northwest of Green in Sibley State Park is Andrew which is a small but really good largemouth lake that I've seen some big walleye pictures from, too.

If you want to drive, you're not all that far from Alexandria. The walleye lakes are probably better there, and there's some awesome bass fishing in the area as well. MN DNR lake finder is a good tool for picking out lakes. Minnewaska that I mentioned above is on the way to Alexandria.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Drew, thanks

4. Member
    There's plenty of eyes in Green in Spicer.

Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    There's plenty of eyes in Green in Spicer.

Thanks

6. Member
    clearwater lake in Annandale, green lake obviously for walleye, koronis has some eyes in it as well, depending on how far north or south you want to go... also rice lake which is connected to koronis via channel ( I would trailer in channel is dicey) is very good fishery for everything. especially in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by MNbasser11 View Post
    clearwater lake in Annandale, green lake obviously for walleye, koronis has some eyes in it as well, depending on how far north or south you want to go... also rice lake which is connected to koronis via channel ( I would trailer in channel is dicey) is very good fishery for everything. especially in that area.
    Ok thanks, I think I have Rice on my SD card

8. Member
    if you have koronis on your sd card you should have Rice on there as well.. if not... main lake for walleyes look for the other 10 boats out there.... hit docks/shoreline for bass... and honestly if you look at a lake map online or paper copy you can figure out where to go its pretty straight forward not a whole lot of trouble that isnt marked with buoys...