New boat small issues.

My new 1980 ran good. 55.7 mph with a max rpm of 5200. Rpms seem a little low but it might be motor positioning. I measure 5 1/4” prop to pad. Second hole from top.
    One of the compression locks broke in half. It appeared to have been glued together after breaking previously. I’ll have to order a new one I guess.
    The wire in the drain plug pulled out the plug. I think the screws holding the plug together weren’t tight all the way and I think I fixed it good.
    The ice chest will not drain water at all. I’ve hit it with compressed air and tried to stick wire down it but there seems to be a 90 after about 3” that I can’t get passed. Not sure what to do about this?
    The boat ran smooth and hole shot is good. Not sure if my motor needs to be raised? Anyone know what prop to pad should be? It’s a Merc 150four stroke.

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    My advice would be to return it to the dealer for the fixes, some might be covered under warranty.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    My advice would be to return it to the dealer for the fixes, some might be covered under warranty.
    might have to but depending on the cost of parts I could very well spend more on gas getting to the dealer and back.

4. Member
    Taking to the dealer is best, but did you try blowing air both ways to see if you could unplug an object if it has debris in the line.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Taking to the dealer is best, but did you try blowing air both ways to see if you could unplug an object if it has debris in the line.
    I tried blowing from one way. Can’t tell where it’s supposed to drain from in the bilge to blow from the other direction.

6. Member
    Would recommend air compressor to blow air if you had one, had an issue with dirt dobbers clogging my line.

7. Member
    It drains in the bottom of boat by bilge somewhere my 1880 does anyway