Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowrance Carbon 19.1 62.1.153 - Update or NOT??

I saw the original thread on the downscan failure w HDI. Hoping only a few are experiencing issues and not the majority. Is this a wide spread issue or limited to a small subset of cases? Cautiously haven’t updated...looking for some folks to confirm their positive reviews so I can decide to update or not. Thanks!!
    David
    2014 Ranger Z521C
    Fishing Lanier, Hartwell, Tennessee River & Coosa River

2. Member
    Count me in the failure group, I had it out yesterday for the first time since update and downscan was a mess. Auto depth was all over the place and it was would black out and start every few seconds. I did a hard reset as recommended after updating. I am gonna try a hard reset again before I go out again and if it doesn't help I'm roliing back.

3. Member
    Always back up waypoints and SETTINGS first and then do a HARD RESET. Gets the gremlins out of the system aka bad meta data. SOP

4. Member
    I updated over the weekend and my downscan is acting up, too. No botton, depth hunting and very poor image. Even at max contrast there is very little imagery on the screen.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    Count me in the failure group, I had it out yesterday for the first time since update and downscan was a mess. Auto depth was all over the place and it was would black out and start every few seconds. I did a hard reset as recommended after updating. I am gonna try a hard reset again before I go out again and if it doesn't help I'm roliing back.
    +1 haven't done hard reset but my Gen 3 I can't even use. It restarts all the time, is extremely slow and freezes.. Can some one point me to how I can revert back to an old version

6. Member
    Please try a HARD RESET. Back up your WAYPOINTS first.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    Please try a HARD RESET. Back up your WAYPOINTS first.
    KennyBryan, Are you suggesting to do this before downloading and installing the update? Thanks!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snookonfly View Post
    KennyBryan, Are you suggesting to do this before downloading and installing the update? Thanks!
    I'd also like to know this. I feel like they're saying to update your unit install the software then reset and loose everything if not backed up then cross fingers that it works... Lowrance really dropped the ball on these updates...

9. Member
    The 19.1 is horrible, nothing but problems with my unit since the update. I have been fooling with this since June, sent the unit to lowrance and they sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it. I loose the depth after 5 mph on sonar. I'm going to call them back today but know what they are gonna say cause they won't own there mistakes.

10. Member
    Anyone out there who has updated their Carbon to 19.1 62.1.153 successfully?

11. Member
    Anybody tried setting the instrument panel up with Mercury SmartCraft?

#disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post

#disaster
    I did and came out awesome. Issues?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post

#disaster

I have not tried setting up the standard Lowrance instrument panels, I've got VVL and the Mercury panels seem to work fine. Perhaps I will check into the Lowrance instrument panels this weekend... what are you using as the gateway from Smartcraft to N2K?

I too have encountered the issues with downscan if I select HDI as the source, but since I have SS3D and HDI on the transom, typically only using HDI as 2D skimmer and would be a backup for down if I ever had troubles with SS3D.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

14. Member
    I did hard reset immediately after update and both my units work better than ever with AI 3-1. Also have Smartcraft set up on both and works great.

15. Member
    Just a quick update, did another hard reset and downscan is still jacked up with the HDI transducer on my trolling motor. I think I'm gonna roll back to 18.3 to see what happens for next time out.

16. Member
    Got out today with 18.3 and my HDI is back working fine. I guess 19.1 won't play nice with my Carbon and HDI transducer so I guess I'm gonna stick with it for now.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    Got out today with 18.3 and my HDI is back working fine. I guess 19.1 won't play nice with my Carbon and HDI transducer so I guess I'm gonna stick with it for now.
    Do you have the 18.3 file? I need to do the same to mine

18. Member
    Just out today and had the 19.1 / 62.1.153 and my HDI on my trolling motor was the same mess others have. Cutting in and out, no depth, just not worth anything.. Very disappointed as the prior software had no issues. I do have SS3D and it was updated and my downscan and imaging with that XDCR were fine. I even selected the trolling motor HDI xdcr from the console and same issues so not a head unit issue as they are both updated.

Have old software on disk and will reinstall and try again..
    2017 Triton TRX 179
    Mercury 115 Pro XS CT (Hyrdraulic Steering/Hot Foot and Trim on Steer)
    Minn-Kota Ultrex 80 w/I-Pilot Link
    Lowrance HDS9 Carbon Bow/Console with Structure Scan 3D (Thru Hull, Structure Scan xdcr, HDI on TM) and Point-1,
    Blue Water LED boat lighting

19. Member
    For those looking for older versions - I have a few.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/951b2vyq4...6gzaNDxea?dl=0

18.3 (different versions) and prior 19.1
    2017 Triton TRX 179
    Mercury 115 Pro XS CT (Hyrdraulic Steering/Hot Foot and Trim on Steer)
    Minn-Kota Ultrex 80 w/I-Pilot Link
    Lowrance HDS9 Carbon Bow/Console with Structure Scan 3D (Thru Hull, Structure Scan xdcr, HDI on TM) and Point-1,
    Blue Water LED boat lighting

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richhat52 View Post
    The 19.1 is horrible, nothing but problems with my unit since the update. I have been fooling with this since June, sent the unit to lowrance and they sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it. I loose the depth after 5 mph on sonar. I'm going to call them back today but know what they are gonna say cause they won't own there mistakes.
    No problems on mine. I downloaded it over wifi and it all installed without any problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast