Lake George Mossy Point

Heading to mossy point at the end of September. Have never fished this end of the lake and wondered if targeting SM or LM was a better choice. TIA

2. Member
    Better check with the lake George park commission. I think that launch is being gated up . Not sure what the hours are

3. Member
    Rich guy lake, gorgeous lake but the association seems to hate fisherman and really anyone who doesnt live on the lake. Have fun up there.

4. Member
    Looks like September 21 the place will be gated from 7 pm til 6 am per the nys dec website. Turning into a playground for the rich. I would go to champlain

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaile44 View Post
    Heading to mossy point at the end of September. Have never fished this end of the lake and wondered if targeting SM or LM was a better choice. TIA
    Watch your speed thats all ill say... much better lakes around IMO as stated above.
    Speed limit is 5mph when within 100 feet of shore, dock, or stationary vessels such as boats, rafts, floats, etc. In the main lake, the limit for daytime hours from 6:00am to 9:00pm is 45 mph. In the nighttime, the limit drops to 25mph until 6:00am.

up on Lake George now - staying right near mossy point and catching few nice smallmouth in 30-40 foot

it is a beautiful lake and after Labor Day no one is on the lake

7. Member
    I grew up fishing that lake. I hate what they are doing there by gating the entry. I am fishing there Fri Sat Sunday. I'll give you an update.
    1999 201 pro elite sc
    1999 evinrude 225 ficht
    26p tempest
    detwiler jack plate
    Fortrex 101
    hds-7gen2 bow
    Hds-7 gen 3 touch
    Sonarhub lss-2 transducer

8. Member
    I launch from mossy point all season due to my house is on black point road. Never seen it gated, you must have you boat checked before you launch. If they deem it dirty or you are not tagged from a previous outing you must do the boat wash. This time of year they don't arrive till 6:30 or 7 for the inspection. Do not launch without inspection, you ill get fined.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    I launch from mossy point all season due to my house is on black point road. Never seen it gated, you must have you boat checked before you launch. If they deem it dirty or you are not tagged from a previous outing you must do the boat wash. This time of year they don't arrive till 6:30 or 7 for the inspection. Do not launch without inspection, you ill get fined.
    rediculious, tons of better lakes in the state with way better fishing that dont make you jump thru hoops.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    rediculious, tons of better lakes in the state with way better fishing that dont make you jump thru hoops.
    True, but the lake is pristine and when you have 3-4 footers on Champlain you can bet Lake George is fishable and you wont waste a day wishing you were fishing.
    Personally I only like to fish LG in the early spring. Jekbait bite is sick!!!

11. Captain Paul
    All the negative Nellie's. Give me a break. Dont want to wait 5 minutes to launch? You can stop on the way. The DEC has cleaning stations right on 87. God forbid you would wait a few minutes to ensure your weed and crap covered boat gets cleaned.
    The lake is pristine. You can see a fish on the bottom in 30 feet of water like its 2 feet deep.
    The fish are everywhere.
    My daughter and I regularly pull 20 plus good sized fish in 5 or 6 hours. In Early July we each caught over 50.
    We fish LG from Memorial Day thru Labor Day every year. The home owners couldn't be nicer. This past July 4th long weekend after pulling a 5'er off a big dock full of people and their what...$5 million house, they gave us a round of applause, called me over to give me 3 Cuban cigars and a Stella Artois. Tell me...where you going to fish and find a nicer bunch of people?
    Rich guy lake. What a laugh? I'm a retired Coastie doing construction work. We stay at a little motel on the water for 125 bucks a nite. We love it there, the lake, the water, the people, the village, the fishing and the endeavors made to preserve the lakes water quality.
    RangerBasser
    Captain Paul, USCG Captain
    Merchant Marine XO

Ranger Z22 Comanche
    Mercury 300XS Racing