Thread: Pricing

Pricing

Just wondering about pricing. I have managed to convince myself I do not need them. But if pricing has dropped any due to competition, or flooding the market, I would be interested in looking.

Another thought is used Power poles, or Talons. Are their used ones worth having out there? I think I would be happy with 8 footers. Maybe someone upgrading to a deeper set.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Pricing will not drop for the larger dealers. There is only so much margin..

Send me an IM with what your looking for and I will price a package. It may not pay to buy used depending on what your looking for and how old the poles are. Especially with our prices.

Thank you

Rich

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Happy to price a package out for you...sent you a Pm

4. Member
    If I were to buy used I would buy PP. They seem to stand by their product regardless if you're the original owner or not. For Talons from what i've read on forums and on their website is that you have to be the original owner. I haven't read much about MK taking care of their product on the used side of the house. If you have Facebook, check out the Power pole / Talon page. There are always a bunch of people posting either one for sale.

5. Member
    I have a 2017 Triton Patriot and it came with one 8 foot CM 1 blade and am looking for a second one to match. Is the CM1 still available for purchase?

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by hok1ee View Post
    I have a 2017 Triton Patriot and it came with one 8 foot CM 1 blade and am looking for a second one to match. Is the CM1 still available for purchase?
    I have one sent you a PM

When it comes to Talon or Power Pole dealers have little to no price variance on the anchor due to MAP pricing. Where you get the big discount is they can make a "package deal" where you get two anchors,mounts and foot remote at a discount price. They are able to give enough discount on the hardware and accessories that it makes the overall price much less even though you are paying full price for the anchors.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    When it comes to Talon or Power Pole dealers have little to no price variance on the anchor due to MAP pricing. Where you get the big discount is they can make a "package deal" where you get two anchors,mounts and foot remote at a discount price. They are able to give enough discount on the hardware and accessories that it makes the overall price much less even though you are paying full price for the anchors.
    No disrespect JR19 however this is actually not true for Power Poles. MAP is simply the minimum advertised pricing , its a price set that we can not publically advertise poles,accessories, foot switches anything that JL Marine sells. A dealer can quote and sell them for whatever they like so pricing will vary between dealers, and does. It all depends what profit margin a dealer wants to work on. For example... a single pole no bracket or foot switches can be purchased with shipping included well below MAP from myself or any of the other dealers on here such as Rich and Roy. The package deal as you mentioned does allow us to bundle things and provide a customer with the lowest possible pricing in most cases. There is also much more to a dealer then pricing! Customer service before, during, and most importantly after the sale sometimes is more important then saving a few dollars. BBC sponsors as a whole, no matter what the product, will be be some of the best pricing available. You should always check with a BBC sponsor before purchasing any item.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 10-14-2019 at 02:12 PM.

No problem at all I went back and re-read what I typed and what I said may have come out wrong. What I meant was due to MAP "minimum advertised price" dealers can make you a deal that they can not advertise to the public.