USA Less than 3 weeks away!!!

Hey guys! Getting super excited. Will be up there the week of 21 Sept staying on Champlain near Platts. Had a couple questions pertaining to regulations and a few other things....

1. If I get a 1 week license for New York, will that cover the entire lake to include Vermont and Canada? Same question if we make it over to the St. Lawrence.
    2. Do I need a passport if fishing Canadian waters, but not getting off the boat? I may be screwed this late in the game if the answer is yes.... lol
    3. I think I've caught 10 smallmouth in my life, any info just to get us started would greatly be appreciated.
    4. What kind of water temp should I be expecting that time of year?

Thanks in advance!!

Always willing to chat, 240-434-1194. Brian

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    you wll have to have a vermont and NY license to be legal fishing Champlain. No passport needed if you go into canadian waters however you will need a canadian license as well as a outdoors card. That time of year you will find the smallmouth shallow as well as deep so pick your poision. Knowing how to drop shot is important. throwing a spinnerbait of jerkbait for fall smallmouth cant be beat as well. Very hard to say what water temps will be all depends on overnight lows most lakes are currently at @68 to 72 right now in NY. expect some cold overnights possibly lows in the mid 30's low 40s id expect. days are a crap shoot coud be hight 70's t 80 or a high of mid 40s low 40's with snow flurries ya never know. our falls recently have been preety nice the last couple of years however.

3. Member
    Thank you very much Kevin!!!

4. Tony C
    Hi Brian,

If you get your vt. Fishing license you will be good for vt and ny. Only places up north on the ny side you can’t fish with the vt license are the Chazy River and the little Chazy River. Vt license covers the ny part other then the two mentioned rivers up north. This time of year there is no need to fish those rivers. Very shallow and not too productive.
    I have been doing well on the Carolina rig in the 18-25 foot range. Also drop shotting has been very productive in those ranges.
    smallies will be moving up shallow soon to start feeding up.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

5. Member
    Thank you very much too Tony!

6. Member
    I will be up the last weekend. Hope you get on them.