Banned

Unprofessional Potomac Guide

Thought I would share my bad fishing experience yesterday on the river. I was fishing around a small island when I noticed a boat coming towards be. Because it is such a small island I thought to myself he will see me fishing and move on. NOT. He proceeded to come in and start fishing with his client. I know he was a guide because he was actually close enough to me that I was actually able to hear him explain to his client what he should be fishing at this location. A little miffed but not to the boiling point I moved to the opposite side of the island. After about 20 minutes he proceeds to come around torwards me within 2 casts from my boat and dropped his power poles. That is when I spoke up and said I was fishing this side of the island why don't he go and fish on the opposite side. What surprised me was his response and his actions. He never said "Im sorry" but said "we will be leaving soon" and proceeded to make several more casts before he finally did move on.

I used to think that this kind of behavior was only reserved for tournament day but this was not a tournament. I was just out by myself trying to relax over the long weekend. Does sportsmanship and respect for others not apply to river guides? You sir, in your red and white Nitro Z20 obviously does not. I hope your client understands this and refused to tip you at the end of the day. I sure hope our paths do not ever cross again.

2. Member
    No respect & no class some people think they can do what ever they want.

3. Member
    Best line I ever heard while fishing was about a month ago. Guy sets his boat down and idles about 20 yds from us. Shuts off the motor picks up a rod, makes a cast and tells my buddy and me. Y’all fish here too huh! LMAO! We just responded first time here and kept fishing!

4. Member
    I've seen it all out here. No longer surprised/shocked by anything.

5. Member
    I would have just smiled to myself and thought how good a spot I know/found on my own that a guide used on his rotation to get clients on fish. I say that with the understanding you were fun fishing and he might have figured that out. He should have asked, but I am at a stage in life that I just don't let myself get agitated as
    the purpose of fishing is to get away from the day to day grind and BS, so I am not going to let my own emotions ruin a moment of my "me" time......I've read a few
    books now on Emotional Intelligence and you really can learn to emotionally regulate and be happier.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

6. Banned
    Hey Squire. I like your words of wisdom...I need to emotionally regulate more often. I wish I had that book you speak of...could have used it beat that man senseless! :)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skooter68 View Post
    Hey Squire. I like your words of wisdom...I need to emotionally regulate more often. I wish I had that book you speak of...could have used it beat that man senseless! :)
    might I recommend this one? LOL

https://books.google.com/books/about...page&q&f=false
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

8. Member
    I had people pull in so close I thought they would hit my boat. The Lower Potomac is a mad house at all times.

Allen

Squire is a wise man!