Talon SPIKE wont retract?

Ok just the spike wont come up, everything else works fine.... tried manual mode and it wont budge... any ideas? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I would say you have something that is stopping it from retracting. It would have to be torn down to remove or find problem. Try to flush with water by removing the top cover and getting a hose and try to soot water into the second stage. If that does not work then take it to an ASC.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I would say you have something that is stopping it from retracting. It would have to be torn down to remove or find problem. Try to flush with water by removing the top cover and getting a hose and try to soot water into the second stage. If that does not work then take it to an ASC.
    Ok thanks, I'll have to give that a try

4. Member
    I had a similar problem, my cable came off the pulley. It would only extend to the spike. Minnkota hooked me up to say the least. I got a replacement talon out of it. Key is that your repair history has to equal up to half of what the talon cost. To give you an idea, I had my talon at the service center 4 times.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G3Ray View Post
    I had a similar problem, my cable came off the pulley. It would only extend to the spike. Minnkota hooked me up to say the least. I got a replacement talon out of it. Key is that your repair history has to equal up to half of what the talon cost. To give you an idea, I had my talon at the service center 4 times.
    Good to know, thanks.

6. Member
    Well I took the talon to a service center in Lakeland on the 4th and they said 7-10 days.... ill let you know what they say. Thanks tha

7. Member
    I got the talon back yesterday, said it needed a new cable and a piston. Thanks guys

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    I got the talon back yesterday, said it needed a new cable and a piston. Thanks guys
    Piston? Must be a new part I never heard of. LOL

9. Member
    Lol I wonder where the crank is.... and if its forged or cast

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Piston? Must be a new part I never heard of. LOL
    Part# 299 1545 it says on receipt
    Cable kit # 288 7522

11. Member
    That is the upper part of the spike. They do call it a piston. My Bad. It actually is part of the slide mechanism that the spike attaches to and it slides up and down on the inside of the second stage. It must have been gouged. I have not worked on a new and improve Talon yet.