Anyone know anything about the old smithwick rogues?

Have a lot of Rogues myself and found one today at a flea market I havent seen before. Has the word "Rogue" stamped on the underside of the belly. Same shape and sound, 3 hooks, but the bill dosent say rogue on it. And the eyes are also different.
    Just never seen one like it before
    20190831_110605.jpg
    20190831_110611.jpg
    20190831_110621.jpg

2. Member
    I think the rogue stamp on the bottom is a little older than the regular mark on the bill, but I could be wrong.

3. Member
    Looks like a great color. Too bad it's been affected by the heat. Don't think that is the earliest model of the Rogues. I believe the earliest ones have a little triangle (or close to it) symbol on the lip. This lip, and I'm going by what I THINK and that is dangerous, is bigger than the earliest ones and were the precursor to the ones with writing on them. I also have suspected that the writing on the lips only came about when they first started making the Suspending models. I will try to find one that has the triangle, diamond point on it and try to post a picture here of it. Also, some of the earlier models had "rattlin' rogue" stamped on them instead of rogue only. Some believe the ones with rattlin' rogue stamped on them were better fish catchers. Probably weren't, but you know how fishermen can be...lol. It has been years since I have seen a Rogue stamped that way, though.

4. Member
    IMG_5578.JPG

This is the diamond point stamp Eddie is talking about.