ABU Rocket Handle Issue

I am having trouble with the handles flexing on the ABU Rockets I have been using. Happens on hook sets and fighting fish in. Wanting to replace with aluminum. What handle would be best ? Live the reel except for the handle.

2. Banned
    Anything that fits a Daiwa, Lews, Abu, BPS, Okuma will fit. Are you just hard on your reels? The force should be in the rod, not the reel handle...

I use the Lew’s 95 MM handles for replacements. If you like the Rocket knobs they’ll fit the Lew’s handle perfectly. The bearings are interchangeable too.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    Not hard on them at all. Got Shimano Chronarchs that are 24 years old and use em every week. Got a lot of other ABU’s with no issues. Just the carbon fiber handles is what is flexing. They split where they are laminated and every fish you set the hook on the knobs twist when you are reeling them in. Even 2lb ers. Weak point for a 300.00 reel.
    Think im going to replace them with some ABU STX handles if I can get them.

5. Member
    eBay should have those STX handles, reasonably priced too!

6. Member
    Is that the newest generation of rocket? I've got the previous generation rocket and I've beat the absolute snot out of it dragging fish out of laydowns and cabbage and haven't had any problems with mine

Right I have gen 3 and it sure seems like its carbon fiber or something that sure doesn't seem to bend.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089