Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Those also are preproduction and they are working with engineering. We also spoke to a tech with engineering yesterday.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Those also are preproduction and they are working with engineering. We also spoke to a tech with engineering yesterday.
    What information can you share about the conversation you had with them??

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    razor cat makes a good point. My dad had a motor guide on his old bass boat. It failed and he bought a MK with the electric steer head. I could not stand the thing. Very sluggish turning. In fact, so sluggish that I bent the shaft (this was prior to the carbon fiber shafts). Went back to motor guide. Sometimes you need it to turn _right now_. Don't know how fast the new ones turn, but unless they are very fast, with a proportional turn speed depending on how far the pedal moves, I doubt I would be a fan...

Cable steering is really hard to beat. I liked the thin wires from pedal to head rather than stiff cables. On the newer models I like the ability to steer from a remote control. But the turn speed in significant current in the middle of a stump field is important to me.
    I will have to plead ignorance on newer T.M. turning speeds. My MK can turn 360 degrees in a fraction of a second. The older (original) MK my dad bought took 5+ seconds to turn 180 degrees. Not good enough in significant current with significant stumps. Old stainless shaft could not take that kind of impact and bent badly.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Hey guys! Tanner Priddy here (Anglerhub.com) Just to verify I do have a Ghosting hanging on my brand new Caracal. I was lucky enough to be selected to be on the Ghost validation team over the past few months. To be fair im not testing the other motors on the market, but going from an Ultrex to this unit has been an eye opener. What I can tell you is that this by far is the quietest, most powerful motor I've ever used. It is also very light weight and responsive. The hardware is forward thinking and durable as hell to date and the software (while still being dialed in) takes advantage of the hardware it has to work with and has loads of potential for future updates after going to market. (programmable foot pedal buttons, advanced user settings to customize your motor to your style of fishing, data logging on usage etc.) 90lbs of thrust at 24v and 120lbs at 36v. The SKU is exactly the same. Each unit will do either 24 or 36v which is super cool and very cost effective for manufacturing, stocking the product and user feedback to Lowrance. A note on the 360 turning. Its actually closer to 380 deg on this TM and it will do it in 1 second. :) I'm happy to try and answer any questions that I can. :)

Quote Originally Posted by AnglerHub View Post
    :) I'm happy to try and answer any questions that I can. :)
    What is the weight?
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    What is the weight?
    65 LBS with Mount. :)

I got to check a Ghost out on a new Lynx a couple of weeks ago. Not on the water. I loved the way it looked, but would have to spend some time on the water to see how fly by wire steering feels. The man that owned it has an Ultrex on his old Jag and hasn’t fun the Ghost enough to have a good feel for it yet. He went up north on a smallish trip and I haven’t seen him to ask about it yet.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Thanks
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

That would be TB Senior.

10. Member
    I'll watch all these new trolling motor releases take their course and make an educated conclusion like everyone else on here. I've had a rather rough 2 years start on my boat purchase from a pro as many of you know. But one thing that has never let me down and shown no issues is my 36 volt MinnKota Fortrex. I plan to run that thing forever if it will let me.

11. Member
    WOW! Thats some serious weight out there on the nose of the boat. I wonder how much of a weight increase that(Ghost)is than the Fortrex or old MG Digital tour. I bet the weight increase is up quite a bit with these new Electric Assist TM's.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    WOW! Thats some serious weight out there on the nose of the boat. I wonder how much of a weight increase that(Ghost)is than the Fortrex or old MG Digital tour. I bet the weight increase is up quite a bit with these new Electric Assist TM's.
    Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 80 lb. 45" 77 lb. Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 80 lb. 52" 81 lb

I think the Fortrex 80 is 68 #

the 112 being significantly heavier (can't find weight specs on it)

"Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

They are all heavy...

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 80 lb. 45" 77 lb. Ultrex with i-Pilot Link, 80 lb. 52" 81 lb

I think the Fortrex 80 is 68 #

the 112 being significantly heavier (can't find weight specs on it)

I didn't realize the Fortrex was that heavy. That puts the Ghost lighter than the Fortrex, and substantially lighter than the Ultrex.
    As BCB stated, they all heavy.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

We shot for trolling motor weights around 42 to 45 pounds in the 1990’s. Add another 20-30 pounds of sand bag weight to the actual bow of your existing boat and you will learn fast how much that changed our world. It will absolutely not run anything like it did before.

Staying ahead of the curve with 75 pounds of rear weight added and now another 30 plus pounds added to the bow a few years after that requires us to make changes no one ever sees.

16. Member
    how big is the foot pedal on this motor? oversized?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    That would be TB Senior.
    Well, well. We can’t slip anything by you. I’ve never paid a lot of attention to BCB, but if I was in the market for a new boat the Lynx would be at the top of the list.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Since these are prototypes not many can have one yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I didn't realize the Fortrex was that heavy. That puts the Ghost lighter than the Fortrex, and substantially lighter than the Ultrex.
    As BCB stated, they all heavy.
    https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...ng-motor-weigh

the 112 Ultrex comes in around 90 lbs......reading BCBs post above it is a wonder these modern boats with Ultrexs, (4) 12" graphs, 5 batteries, shallow water anchors, etc can even get moving up into the 70 MPH range or get out of the hole.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    how big is the foot pedal on this motor? oversized?
    The footpedal is roughly the same size as the ultrex. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast