Unhappy 2003 Yamaha 200 VMAX running problem

I have a 2003 Yamaha VMAX and having some trouble with it shutting down while running. This has shut down on me twice. After it shut down I checked to see if the fuel pump was powering up and it’s not so I took it home and checked for power at the fuel pump wires and had nothing. I check plugs and messed with it for awhile I guess it sat for 3 hours or so and turned the key the pump came on and started. Took it out again and the exact same thing happened. I took it home no power to the fuel pump again I let it sit for about 4-5 hours and had power to the pump and it started. My guess something is getting hot and breaking down. Has anyone had any problems like this and what could it be?
    Thanks

99.9% sure it is the fuel pump relay... I have seen this many, many times including my motor. It's a gremlin that is hard to find w/o BBC...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    yep, happened to a lot of folks like Mike stated. AND I believe it is the main rely that controls the fuel pump along with ECU and 02 heater. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    Mine is a 13 175 HPDI. Same problem. My ground connection on the starting battery wasn't tight. Running wfo and would shut off. Gradually got worse. Started at battery and I guess I got lucky.
    Nick McDaniel

5. Member
    I have a 2000 ox66 vmax 225 and mine was dying over 5k rpms. Just turning off. Mine was that 2 of my low pressure fuel pumps were bad, and at high rpms were unable to feed my vst tank fast enough.

Easy to check low pressure pumps, take off cowling, unbolt vst tank let it dangle, then one at a time loosen your low pressure pumps and squeeze bulb. If gas leaks out then replace them.

6. Member
    Another vote for the fuel pump relay. When you get random kills and no immediate restart but a restart at some time later, it is a prime suspect.