Thread: Is it just me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donpilot View Post
    First, I am retired. If the same on calls twice on the same day, I talk to them, never give a yes or no answer, and just waste their time. Once they figure it out they don't call near as often. Love the credit card call. I am always down at the barn and my wallet is up at the house. Hang on and I will go get it, (gasp,gasp) I am half way there,don't hang-up. If you do it right, they will cuss you and hang-up.
    You da man!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Goes in spells for me but yep, been bad lately. A lot that have a number and say United States of America. I told DT to quit calling I don't answer them and if they don't leave a message, I block them and delete.
    THIS

3. Member
    I wasted the last ones time for about 15 minutes before he got mad and cussed me out. Act REAL interested in an extended car warranty only to tell him that I drive a pinto with 780k miles
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

We get the car warranty ones all the time. If I don't know the number then it goes to voicemail and most of the time the never leave one so I just delete the number.

5. Banned
    I think most of them are tied together. I got sick of adding numbers to my blocked user list just to get another call from the same company on a different line two hours later.
    I started talking to them. The free knee brace people.............I would talk like a hillbilly and tell them that I heard the words "Free" and I'm all about free, where do I sign up,,,they would hangup. Sometimes I would press 2 and ask the chick in a dimwitted voice "Hi, my name is Larry, can you come outside to play with me?" After 2 or 3 calls guess what ? I havent had a call in about five months now.

6. Member
    I get alot. If I don't know who is calling, I don't answer.

7. Banned
    Its gotten so bad with mine I don't even bother to take my phone with me like I once did and most still do. When at home it used to stay in my pocket but now it stays in the house. When I go out it stays in the car. I literally may put it down after dinner and not look at it again all night.

I am not anyone's emergency contact where they would call me before 911 so not missing a thing but the annoyance!!

8. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Hopefully once Stir/Shaken starts being used the amount of calls will go down drastically. They will be able to stop any call where the actual number calling does not match the displayed number.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

9. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I get the Microsoft ones telling me they want my information because my computer isn't being protected and they want to refund my money...lol get about 1 a week on average AT&T
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    I get the same stupid call that I’ve won a free 3 day two night stay bla bla bla. Push x to be placed on the do not call list. I push x and still get the damn calls.
    That is part of the scam. By pushing x you are verifying they are reaching a person. Kind of just like some websites that have the checkbox for "I am not a robot" when requesting information.
    "No one is useless in the world who lightens the burden of another" Charles Dickens

"Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I hate you or that I do not respect your opinion. We need to relearn that in our society."

2004 Ranger 521DVX
    2004 Yamaha Vmax HPDI 250

I get a couple a day. Don't answer them then block the number when it's done ringing.
    Darrall Dougherty

12. Member
    Our Attorney General who's running for Governor had an article in the paper the other week saying he had them stopped.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    Love them when I'm home for the day and drinkin beer.
    I got that one yesterday as well. I must have been right after you. I'm not going to fall for it but I do feel terrible for an elderly person like my mother that may fall prey to such scammers. I'd like to reach right through the phone line and strangle them.

No sense in blocking the numbers, the robo calls use software that generates a new caller ID number with every call they make. They never use the same number twice so blocking them is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    No sense in blocking the numbers, the robo calls use software that generates a new caller ID number with every call they make. They never use the same number twice so blocking them is a waste of time.
    And where they spoof numbers, you may by chance block a legitimate number that you want to be able to call you.

16. Member
    I used to have fun with them like many of you have, but after awhile, it gets very annoying. I broke down and got the app Robokiller. It will catch 90% of the numbers, but for some reason a few do slip by. I just ignore them and delete them if there is no message.

Very annoying, especially having elderly parents where there may be an actual emergency....I can't believe nothing has been done about it.

M

All the time...a few a day. I keep the phone on silent 90 percent of the time. Ignore if unrecognized.

Started getting phone and text messages this past week. Blocked that number seems like they are getting more aggressive

Blocking the numbers they call from is a waste of time. It's not their number. They are hiding behind VPN's and Proxy Servers and generate new numbers by the minute. Just dont answer if you dont know the number.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

20. Member
    *74 put in it helps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast