Thread: Shimano Stella

Shimano Stella

Just curious, what makes the Stella so expensive? I am not doubting anything, I’ve never even seen one. Are they mostly used for fresh water or salt water.?

It's their flagship spinning reel, the best they can produce with all the research, development, and technology they can muster and still sell them. They make SW and FW models... The major players build high end, well engineered spinning and casting reels as their flagship models. They don't build them for the masses, rather for either enthusiasts or guys who just really don't care too much about $ and want high end stuff regardless. Either way, flagship models are an important part of the strategy of the major fishing tackle producers and a heck of a lot of fun to check out over time!

3. Member
    I have a couple of FB and FD Stella's. IMHO they are better than any other spinning reel I've ever fished.
    Question everything!

I picked up a Stella C3000XG FJ about a week ago very, very nice. However, I still prefer my Daiwa Exist LT2500 XH. Both deserve a spot in my arsenal.

The Stella FJ is the best spinning reel I have ever used....

But I do have a Exist LT on my radar.

Sold my Stella FD big mistake