150 Four Stroke blow fuse

150 Four Stroke: # 2B444363
    CPO engine.

I have only run the boat for 30 hours. Was running about 40 MPH, and the the engine just died, no power to ignition, or trim. The jack place and lights still worked. Back on shore I put in a new fuse on the engine, 15 AMP fuse to helm, and it worked.

The only thing I changed recently was I connected the analog fuel sender to the Livorsi analog pickup, (pink connection on the Livorsi harness) I can't see that causing the blown fuse?? My battery connections are good. Everything seems connected properly, and it was trouble free for 30 hours. Boat is new.

Has anyone else had this? What is often the culprit? Thanks for any help.

Here are some pictures. There were a couple unconnected end wires below the box.

Fuse

Wires near the trim switch on engine.

I suppose I'll have to test the wires. Can't seem to find a bad connection anywhere.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Anything in the key switch, accessory or even the TRIM wiring could cause this.

Some of the wiring disconnected (in your pictures) IS related to the trim system (trim motor wire is disconnected).

I'd focus on that, and perhaps trim switches that are or have been exposed to moisture/water/rain.

Also make sure the drain hole in the keyswitch faces DOWN (and switch, as well as lanyard switch) are not oriented where rain water can enter them.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Anything in the key switch, accessory or even the TRIM wiring could cause this.

Some of the wiring disconnected (in your pictures) IS related to the trim system (trim motor wire is disconnected).

I'd focus on that, and perhaps trim switches that are or have been exposed to moisture/water/rain.

Also make sure the drain hole in the keyswitch faces DOWN (and switch, as well as lanyard switch) are not oriented where rain water can enter them.
    Thank you, great tips. And you were right. I caught it before I read this but it was the Trim connector under the cowl. It was never secured in place and eventually worked loose. Thanks again Don.