Lakes around Waukesha?

Anybody fished Pewaukee and surrounding lakes?
    Traveling up next week to see relatives. Will have access to kayaks, so might be able to get out 1 or 2 days.

I see a bunch of lakes around there. All I could find online was that Pewaukee has a lot of boating traffic, weed-cutting boats (pretty cool) and muskie tournaments. A little first-hand knowledge on where to go, where to avoid would be helpful.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Sent you an im

All those lakes will be busy on the weekends. During the week not to bad. If I was in a kayak I’d probably go to Oconomowoc Lake. Very clear, but fun smallmouth lake. You have to put in the river but there can be some good fishing in there also. It’s not the biggest lake around so a kayak would work nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by bassaddic View Post
    All those lakes will be busy on the weekends. During the week not to bad. If I was in a kayak I’d probably go to Oconomowoc Lake. Very clear, but fun smallmouth lake. You have to put in the river but there can be some good fishing in there also. It’s not the biggest lake around so a kayak would work nicely.
    Just got back. We did fish part of Oconomowoc one day. Clear, sunny skies made it tough in that clear water. We should've been out earlier. Very pretty lake though. Saw some nice bass swimming around in that clear water. Also fished Lower Phantom Lake and the Fox River. Caught a few bass there and quite a few pike. I know they can be a nuisance, but I enjoyed catching a new species. So aggressive! They destroyed a chatterbait for sure

5. Member
    Don't feel bad. Oconomowoc is tough and takes some time to learn.

I can definitely see that! When you're used to stained rocky reservoirs, going to crystal-clear, weedy natural lakes is a tough adjustment. Still a fun experience.
    Might have to bring my boat next time