Thread: Reverse Sear

Reverse Sear

I'm going to try this on some thick rib eyes this weekend. Would like some tips on the best way to go about doing it from those that have. Thanks.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

2. Member
    It is easy and my families favorite way. Season with what ever you enjoy and let it rest and come to room temp like you would any other way. I cook mine on 225 in the oven on a rack. Digital thermometer is the best. When it reads about 5-10 degrees short of your preferred temp. Remove and sear. I use a cast iron pan but any high heat will work. Enjoy it. Don't over think it
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    It is easy and my families favorite way. Season with what ever you enjoy and let it rest and come to room temp like you would any other way. I cook mine on 225 in the oven on a rack. Digital thermometer is the best. When it reads about 5-10 degrees short of your preferred temp. Remove and sear. I use a cast iron pan but any high heat will work. Enjoy it. Don't over think it
    +1. I smoke at 225 until IT of around 120-125. Pull and let it rest for a few minutes and get the Weber going and put the iron skillet on until it hits 700 degrees. Big spoonful of ghee and sear for 30-45 seconds per side. Great for thick steaks, not so great for thin steaks.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

They come out perfect! I use this method. May try one on the egg next time.

https://www.jessicagavin.com/how-to-...-sear-a-steak/

What type of grill or smoker are you gonna use? I did a tbone last night on my RecTec pellet grill. I have the sear grates. They raise the temperature about 15-20 degrees and leave nice sear marks. Put it on at 225 and let it smoke for a few hours. Then take it off and wrap in foil and turn up to about 400. Then slap her on the sear grates until it reaches the desired temperature. Usually about 10 mins total. Was so juicy. Let the steak get to about 100 or 110 or so on the slow cooking part before you put it back on to finish it.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw