introducing myself and my 1995 Astro F20

Hey guys and gals, My name s Tony. I want to tell you a not so good story that I hope to make a good one. I took these pics on the morning of July 22 2019 at 9:38 as a possible project for me and my dad. As bad luck would have it on the same day at 2:08 that afternoon my dad fell from a ladder and hit his head and passed away 2 days later. I decided to purchase the boat anyway and will restore it as I was going to do with him. We have a boat carpeting business and after I do a couple more boats, I had previously obligated to carpet, I will shut business down. We have done over 80 boats since 2013,it is a sideline business. I will post pics as I move project along.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmtony55; 09-03-2019 at 12:20 PM.

2. Member
    I
    Last edited by gmtony55; 08-30-2019 at 05:58 PM.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your dad. This isn’t nearly as busy of a forum as other ones on the site, so just not much action.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    So sorry to hear about your dad and prayers for you and your family. This project will be a great tribute and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics as you make progress. And like CatFan said the procraft/astro forum just doesn't get the traffic some of the others do but there are a few of us left. I have no idea about restoration but previously owned a 1996 Astro S-20DC and for what it's worth the best modification we did was adding an aluminum deck extension to the front. Also, you used to be able to get original decals online from GreatLakeSkipper and they were legit.

5. Member
    So sorry to hear about your father's passing. Prayers to you and your family.

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I appreciate all your condolences. I am sure I will spend much more time and money than the boat may be worth but it will have a lot of heart poured into it and I hope to have a boat anyone would be proud to own. I do hear a lot about this deck extension so I will look into that for sure. I will post many pics. Thanks again.

7. Member
    Sorry about your father . Good luck on the resto.. I also run an F-20.. a few guys on her with some good info on them if you need some guidance. G-Cross, And I believe “ANG “ have had several. Have helped me with my setups.. keep us posted on the project. I was just getting ready to start one on an extremely solid 17v Bullet. Wanted to do a full length raised deck etc..Unfortunately got into an accident moving it from my property to the garage I was going to do the work in.. totaled.. dropped the motor, and took the lids etc.. rest was splinters..

8. Member
    Thanks. good to know there are some F-20 owners out there. I don't know how fast I will get it done. I just started carpeting an Allison yesterday and my wife is itching for me to start bedroom and bathroom remodel but after that I am going full time on this one. I have fiberglass and Painting experience and plenty of carpeting experience. Not good at all with electrical so I will take you guys up on a lot of questions Im sure. Tough break on your bullet, I carpeted quite of few of those. They are some fine boats.

9. Member
    Thanks Assasin, gmtony if you need anything just give me a shout. I have had two so far that last was the exact same color and year as yours. My first I hung five different motors on Including a 300 PM and a 300xs. I'm always on the lookout for another, those boats are the best bang for your buck as far as "fast" boats are concerned. Good luck and my prayers go out to you and your family. If you need anything or want pics of my previous super pro/F-20s feel free to call or text me 904-607-2274
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag