MK220PC red light

My MK220PC flashes from yellow 25% then to red for bad battery no matter what battery I put on it. Something wrong with the charger but no idea where to even start looking? Can this be repaired or is the charger shot?

2. Member
    If it is the charger it is not repairable. That indication says the battery is below 10.5 volts and it will not charge. I would disconnect any load from it and then try an older analog charger and see if it charges. The charger could have Warranty, 3 years or less old? Bob

3. Member
    2 bank charger, when i switch banks it gives the same error for the battery that the other bank charges fully. I don't think it is 3 years but good luck finding a receipt. I'll give them a call anyway and see what they can do. What a piece of junk. 18 year old Ranger on board charger still working flawlessly.

4. Member
    They should be able to tell you how old it is and doubt you will need the receipt. Bob

5. Member
    Yes that is correct. Spoke to them earlier. They will be able to tell when it was built by the serial, but that isn't always indicative of purchase date. I purchased between 2 and 3 years ago so odds are it was built over 3 so they won't be able to honor a warranty without a receipt and I can't for the life of me remember where I got this.

6. Member
    You must be my age! I put everything for the boat in a file and all online in an email folder. Not always easy to find but I know it's in there somewhere. I have had to look through my accounts at Ebay,Amazon,Cabelas and others at past orders. I wish I were more organized but it is what it is. Try to see what MK comes up with and if you are lucky you won't have to look. Good luck. Bob

7. Member
    PM SENT

8. Member
    Thank you sir and everyone else who PM'd. I've given up trying to organize...there's always something more important on the list and i'll never need that receipt . I've resorted to trying to order everything I can from amazon so I can just look it up, but unfortunately not this time.

9. Member
    Are you using a long extension cord? I had that problem, got a heavier shorter cord and problem went away.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Are you using a long extension cord? I had that problem, got a heavier shorter cord and problem went away.
    20'? It is worth a shot, but only one bank is not functioning? I will give it a try and report back. Thanks for the input.

11. Member
    20' should be no problem. If you have a heavier cord try it but you are probably only pulling 3 amps or so. Bob

12. Member
    You might check the wire going to the battery on that channel to be sure there are no breaks and/or the connector ring has not come loose.

13. Member
    If you put the same bank on your other battery and it is still red,you have a bad charger. Just found out about this today
    No longer in warranty. So I'm now looking at the mk 345pc. It's a bit more money, but offers more stability.