Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    Already drove both and that's what sucks love the look of the new Chevy but breaking kinda sucks and lacks power! Ram interior and power rocks but worried about electrical, tranny and front end stuff!
    Chevy brakes are better than ford or ram. But that and warranty support are the only things I like on those trucks.

I’ve got a ram and it has been a great truck. The only two things I don’t really like is the 3/4 ton has 3.42 gears as the only option with the Cummins and the 68rfe transmission which has a little bit lower torque numbers than the 3500 equipped with the Aisin transmission. I wish they would simplify their offerings like Ford and Chevy. Go crawl around in all of them and see what feels the best. They are all making a pretty good truck right now.

3. Member
    Your saying you drove both and thought the ram had more power? Somethings already wrong because I’ve driven both and own the duramax and stock/factory, it’ll run circles around the Cummins. The Cummins will pull no doubt, but raw torque that you’ll actually feel the Chevy has it. Also think it rides better. Oh and empty highway I get 23 mpg. Pulling my boat I get 16.5

As much as I bleed Ford blue...I will definitely be looking at a RAM 2500 when I'm buying my next truck.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    Your saying you drove both and thought the ram had more power? Somethings already wrong because I’ve driven both and own the duramax and stock/factory, it’ll run circles around the Cummins. The Cummins will pull no doubt, but raw torque that you’ll actually feel the Chevy has it. Also think it rides better. Oh and empty highway I get 23 mpg. Pulling my boat I get 16.5
    Exactly. The new Dmax with 10 speed destroys the Ram in unloaded and loaded/towing acceleration times (Ford too). Tons of articles and tests online showing as much, do a quick search. It's almost unbelievable how much quicker the Chevy is....
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

6. Banned
    I like my 2018 3500 a lot

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Chevy sells diesels? You’d never know it around here, it’s all Ford or Ram.
    Well, there selling the shit out of them somewhere
    Flint is working 3 shifts, 6 days a week.

8. Member
    No issues with my 2018 Duramax 24,000 miles best tow rig ive ever owned . mpg is incredible
    18-19 on highway towing the boat 22+ without

Ram 2500 has coil springs in the rear and it will ride much smoother. Plus the interior of the Ram is much nicer. Go test drive em.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

10. Member
    I currently own a F250, and had a 2500 Denali before it. I miss the drive of 2500. Like cab of 250 better but new cab they have now, I would get a 2500

11. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    Already drove both and that's what sucks love the look of the new Chevy but breaking kinda sucks and lacks power! Ram interior and power rocks but worried about electrical, tranny and front end stuff!
    Tranny and front end problems are mostly fixed, electrical?
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

12. Member
    Of the 2 you listed, it would be the Ram for me. The GM will be quicker because of the V8 but the cummins will pull like a train. The new D max has torque management like the Ford has for a few years now. Be aware like was stated the 1k ftlb option was only available in the 3500 for dodge in 19. I don't know if that will change for 20 but it would be nice to be able to get that in a 2500. A good friend had a 3500 in a 19 and the Aisin trans is well for the lack of a better term "different" It doesn't seem to do the same thing every time. It feels overcomplicated in its shifting programming. Even with that I still would go with the Dodge, they seem to have the new emissions stuff figured out better than GM especially in the cold. If you do buy the GM and have their fancy new tailgate, don't drop it with a hitch in or you will be seeing the body shop guy to fix your new tailgate. I guess you aren't supposed to tow with them and use the gate? CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noproangler View Post
    It doesn't and it get's horrible fuel economy. I've driven all of them quite a bit and I'm not bias, I own a 1/2 ton. The Ford's do look better in my opinion.
    The duramax gets horrible Fuel Mileage?

14. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Chevy Would be my pick but I dont think you will regret either decision.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    The duramax should feel peppier than the ram. The torque management they put on them now really makes them feel sluggish. I'd still vote Ram, love mine.
    It doesn't and it get's horrible fuel economy. I've driven all of them quite a bit and I'm not bias, I own a 1/2 ton. The Ford's do look better in my opinion.

16. Member
    I really like my Duramax but I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noproangler View Post
    Not sure why you think the Duramax gets horrible fuel economy? I get 15-16 pulling my Z520 and have got up to 22 empty. Those are real numbers from the truck computer and checking hard numbers. The computer seems to be very accurate regarding mileage.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

18. Member
    My best 50 mile average mpg on my Duramax is 28.2
    Best 400 mile average mpg 22
    Pretty good for a 4x4 long bed doublecab with 445 hp

Looked at a 2020 last night, I'm currently not a fan of the looks.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    If you’re going to keep the truck a while and not take a beating on a two year trade in, buy a Chevy. I’m at 292,000 miles on my 06 Duramax with Allison transmission.
    That was going to be my suggestion. But the Engine has been slightly changed (for the better) and the Allison is gone. Long term of the new 10 speed will take time to prove itself in both the Ford and Chevy heavy duties.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast