Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

USA Nitro, Falcon, Phoenix, or Skeeter for the Ride Quality and Bang for the Buck?

I am in the beginning stages of searching for a new bass boat. I would like the most versatile vessel that will handle the widest array of conditions. I am considering the Nitro Z21, Falcon 215/F21TE, Phoenix 721/921, and the Skeeter FXR21 (but am open to others). The ultimatum from my wife is essentially buy once, cry once...this includes all options considered at the time of purchase (meaning not to be upgraded with ANYTHING in the foreseeable future). Budget is a hard $75k. Thanks for your passionate input/recommendations/advice in advance!!

2. Member
    Being a diehard Ranger guy, I would recommend looking for a well cared for Z520 or Z521 that is a couple years old but all tricked out.

3. Member
    Z520 or a Phoinex 921.

The Skeeter FXR is getting rave reviews for its ride. Some guys locally are pumped about them. They are gone as soon as they hit the sales floor here.

5. Member
    Team BassCat will step in shortly in force and tell you a Puma and Cougar fit the bill. Yes, I am a BassCat fan!

6. Member
    They are all fantastic boats. They all cost too much. You need to look at what best suits you, and your type of fishing.

For 75K, you should be able find almost anything you want. Certainly if you can look at a "last years" boat.

There is no short cut. You won't find what you want typing on the computer.

I'm a Skeeter driver, have friends in Rangers, Phoenix's, Triton's, Nitro's. There is something to like, and dislike about every one of them.

If was shopping, I would add Bass Cat to that list.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenkins12 View Post
    I am in the beginning stages of searching for a new bass boat. I would like the most versatile vessel that will handle the widest array of conditions. I am considering the Nitro Z21, Falcon 215/F21TE, Phoenix 721/921, and the Skeeter FXR21 (but am open to others). The ultimatum from my wife is essentially buy once, cry once...this includes all options considered at the time of purchase (meaning not to be upgraded with ANYTHING in the foreseeable future). Budget is a hard $75k. Thanks for your passionate input/recommendations/advice in advance!!
    May want to put Charger 210 elite in the mix

8. Member
    Ranger Z520 or 521 and the Phoenix PHX 21
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

9. Member
    Phoenix 21 elite would be my first choice then the new Skeeter fxr. I have a basscat eyra right now and the build is second to none along withe the speed and handling! Just don't like the front deck space or storage!

10. Member
    loaded falcon and plenty of funds left over for full
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Tico
    Not much has changed since the same post question last week and the week before that and the week before that one and so on....different poster but same question

12. Member
    Can't go wrong with the Ranger ride, but the Charger 210 (Champion Hull) is a very nice riding boat. Have two friends with them and they ride very smooth in rough water.

13. Member
    My last little club tournament on southern Lake Michigan in rough water had the three ranger Owner’s putting rain gear on for the spray before leaving the dock while my buddy and I left in shorts and a t shirt in a Phoenix 921.

14. Member
    I have road in phoenix,ranger and nitro as a co angler the best ride is a Basscat the cougar deal would save you some major coin i couldn't be happier with the ride at loz one of the roughest lakes for weekend fishing the fish ability is very good also ride in as many as you can.

15. Member
    Phoenix 921 elite, charger 210, I would have to consider the fxr too because they just look bad @$$ and if the ride is good they will be a hit for sure. The 921 elite is what I would consider the best boat on out right now. Ofcourse it's all personal preference

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    Not much has changed since the same post question last week and the week before that and the week before that one and so on....different poster but same question
    Not true. Most of those posts only want to spend $20,000.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

17. Member
    I love the look of the Skeeter but was really considering powering my new boat with the new Mercury 250 V8 TM!!

18. Member
    921 Elite Phoenix

Might be easier to ask what boats out of that group don't meet your requirements. They all accomplish the same thing I would they they all can handle the conditions. It just comes down to personal opinions.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Banned
    What brand does the most trustworthy mechanic in Your area work on?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast