2004 Skeeter tzx200 questions.

I am going to look at a 2004 Skeeter TZX200 with a OX66 200hp Yamaha. What are some of the things I need to look for as far as the structure of the boat? Is there any wood in the front and back deck of this year model? Is there anything these boats are notorious for such as stress cracks or such? The owner has already had a compression test done on motor. Sorry for the questions but I figured you guys would know. Thanks for any info.

2. Member
    Not sure whether those had wood in the decks or not, but overall, they're very solid boats. The motor is one of the best ever made by Yamaha, so I wouldn't be worried about it at all.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I looked at it yesterday and it is a very nice rig. I’ll be taking possession of it next Thursday. Only thing I didn’t like is the single axle trailer. But, I sell trailer parts so it will have tandem axles this winter.

4. Member
    I had a 2004 SX190 and it had wood braces under the front deck. However they were coated in resin.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

5. Member
    They do have wood rod boxes and a wood brace on the front deck but they are coated. I have the same boat/motor and I love mine. Only change I made was a recessed tm tray. All around solid boat and even better motor.

6. Member
    TZX200 is a solid rig. Only complaint I have with mine is the latch design for the compartment lids. Will run 70+Mph with a light load.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.