Sea Eagle inflatable kayak

We bought a travel trailer last year and found that a lot of the places we visit have water close by that would be perfect for kayaking. I have a couple of kayaks but they are too long to carry in the bed of the truck without them hitting the trailer.

We were at Silver Springs State Park recently and one of the families in the RV park had four Sea Eagle 330 inflatable kayaks. I was really impressed with the quality and when I found that I could get one for only $250 I ordered one. I got it out for the first time this morning.

It took about ten minutes to get it inflated. When inflated to the recommended pressure the floor and sides are remarkably rigid. It was a little tippy when I first sat down but it only took a couple of minutes to get my balance and then I was comfortable. There are two skegs on the bottom that help with tracking, but it still doesn't track anywhere near as well as a rigid kayak. I found that, as Sea Eagle advises, it is best not to dip the paddle too deep when paddling. That helped improve the tracking a lot.

I took a spinning rod with me and fished a little bit. I found that the boat is affected quite a bit by the least little breeze, which I fully expected. There is no way to attach an anchor to hold you in position so you are constantly making small corrections with the paddle.

The kayak performed exactly as I expected for an inflatable and I look forward to taking it with me on many of our RV trips.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Member
    You may find that a small drift chute will help with staying in place. Surely there is some fitting on which to tie a chute or anchor? Thanks for posting. I have considered one of those boats but worry about oyster shell reefs.

3. Member
    I thought about that situation as well. A kayak club buddy suggested getting a "toy hauler" and a light weight, collapsing kayak trailer to push inside it for the long transport. Then use the light trailer when your camper gets set up and you need to drop your kayak into the lake and travel the local roads.