Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    Originally Posted by Blackwoodz
    Get lined up down ramp...and drop tailgate. Step off onto it...

That is a good idea, I just do not like standing on that pretty glass front end. I also will have a double graph stacked. I do not fish too often by myself so it should work out fine.

I learned a lesson the hard way after i forgot to put tailgate up after pulling out. turned to sharp tailgate got into trailer winch, caved in tailgate.
    That would be me!

Can you get the trick step for a bullet yet? Last i checked he didnt make them. Those that are recommending them here do you have one on a bullet?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    This was the cheapest/easiest solution I found. https://eztroll.com/collections/sign...side-step-sale. Works pretty good but not as easy as the walk down stairs, but quite a bit cheaper too.

4. Member
    I look over the passenger side ,,,line up ,,,then I stoop down, lift left foot over the side and step onto the passenger side step just in front the fender... get a good footing and then lift right leg over onto the step. ,,,then just a little hop down.
    Ballistics defined : The science of projectiles in motion.

5. Member
    Easy solution...just get one of those fancy troll motors with the hand held remote. I watched a guy back his rig off the trailer, lower the troller and spot lock it. He parked his truck and walked back to the dock and the boat came pick him up

Quote Originally Posted by chuck55 View Post
    Easy solution...just get one of those fancy troll motors with the hand held remote. I watched a guy back his rig off the trailer, lower the troller and spot lock it. He parked his truck and walked back to the dock and the boat came pick him up
    I have an Ulterra with the self-deploying/stowing feature and it works fine when launching the boat. But, doesn't work when returning to the ramp and I want to exit the boat at a ramp with no dock to step off on. For this occasion I have the easy-step ladder on the trailer tongue.
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]

7. Banned
    Both my truck’s gotta flatbed so I just step out onto the boat. Heheheh

8. Member

Platform and Helping Hand

100_1025.JPG100_1021.JPG100_1023.JPGI built this platform and arm for my bullet 20cc to load/unload no more chance of getting feet wet or slipping off tongue..step right into boat or out no problem. I call the arm "Helping Hand" hold on to it while getting up in boat or down to trailer. I getting older, fixing to retire so I need to be safe loading and unloading by my self, If I can help any one let me know.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowroll View Post
    I built this platform and arm for my bullet 20cc to load/unload no more chance of getting feet wet or slipping off tongue..step right into boat or out no problem. I call the arm "Helping Hand" hold on to it while getting up in boat or down to trailer. I getting older, fixing to retire so I need to be safe loading and unloading by my self, If I can help any one let me know.
    That's some engineering... Dan

10. Member
    I back the trailer in till the water is halfway up on the fenders, drive the boat straight up onto the trailer give a little gas at the end, turn motor off, go to front of the boat kneel down and hold the starboard edge of the boat, right leg over to trailer then left leg follows, side step right foot to tongue left foot to the rear of the winch, connect winch strap crank till snug, then step of onto dry ramp.
    Every now and then I back the trailer in a little to far and I have to step off of the trailer tongue onto the truck bumper then onto dry ground.

11. Member
    So do they make the trick steps for Bullets boat mate trailers or not?
    2020 BULLET 21’10” SDC / 2020 250 PRO XS

12. Member
    I also lined my steps and my tongue of my trailer with skateboard grip tape. The " Y " intersection of the trailer as well. The griptape is amazing and it has held up for years now.

13. Member
    Put some Bullet grip tape on front of boat . If you are an older guy with balance issues , just get the steps with the pole.

14. Member
    I let the tail gate down on my truck this past weekend and stepped from my Triton to the truck bed, worked great, hope it will work with my Bullet.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    A ulterra style ultrex would make unloading so much easier by your self.I do use the ultrex spotlock instead of messing with the docks

16. Member
    I just installed a set of steps on my SST. I bot them from Allison directly. They sandwich between the winch and the front winch post.

17. Member
    Nocull0 PLEASE send me a picture of that and the info of the steps. 678-735-8573
    2020 BULLET 21’10” SDC / 2020 250 PRO XS

18. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I'm still pretty nimble... I step off over the port side onto the aluminum diamond plate on the front of the trailer by the winch... Dan
    this
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Shorts and water shoes in the summer, waders in the winter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12