Power Platinums vs regular Blades?

So, is there any marked difference in performance between the Platinum blades and the the standard blades?

From the limited information that I've found strewn about the internet, it looks like just a different paint job...
    united in the pursuit of bass.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCPT View Post
    So, is there any marked difference in performance between the Platinum blades and the the standard blades?

From the limited information that I've found strewn about the internet, it looks like just a different paint job...
    powdercoated silver and 20th anniversary badging. rest is the same. there a good deal considering a custom powdercoat of silver would be weeks in a custom order and would cost more then the slight increase in price of the anniversary platinum edition.

Thanks for the info!
    I've got a pair of the GEN 1 blades and I've been thinking about upgrading to the 2.0s, but I just haven't seen what I feel is a significant level of advancements that warrants the $$$ I'd have to drop on a new set... I was kinda hoping these platinum's would've had the stuffs to make the juice worth the squeeze....

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Thanks for the info!
    I've got a pair of the GEN 1 blades and I've been thinking about upgrading to the 2.0s, but I just haven't seen what I feel is a significant level of advancements that warrants the $$$ I'd have to drop on a new set... I was kinda hoping these platinum's would've had the stuffs to make the juice worth the squeeze....
    biggest differences are the hoses ( huge improvement) along with the shock absorbing stern brackets on the blade 8s as well as the 10s. The cm 2.0 operating system has better range and faster response to and from the remotes. pump redesign is nice as well. Happy quote ya pricing on the 2.0 set with foot switches and without brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    biggest differences are the hoses ( huge improvement) along with the shock absorbing stern brackets on the blade 8s as well as the 10s. The cm 2.0 operating system has better range and faster response to and from the remotes. pump redesign is nice as well. Happy quote ya pricing on the 2.0 set with foot switches and without brackets.
    So, I was under the understanding that the new stern brackets were for 10ft models only. Did they put the new style of stern brackets on the 8ft Platinums?

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    So, I was under the understanding that the new stern brackets were for 10ft models only. Did they put the new style of stern brackets on the 8ft Platinums?
    The new stern bracket ( like on the 2.0 10 foot blades ) has been on all 8 foot blade models for about 3 months now.