Thread: Braided Line

Braided Line

I was fighting what might have been my PB largemouth on a buzzbait when she wrapped me around a metal pole and my 15lb florocarbon line broke. I have heard that braid can be less prone to breaking around dock pilings and such. Do any of you use braided line on baitcasting equipment on Yadkin lakes? I have been reluctant to use it on my buzzbait setup because I also use it for some moving baits like spinner/chatterbaits.

Don't fish Yadkin Lake but anytime I'm throwing a buzzer its with straight braid no leader.

3. Banned
    I agree. On the rivers down east i have 2 rods rigged with coated braid line (40-50 lb) for fishing buzz baits and top water around heavy cover like lay downs, thick matts, pads, etc. never lost a bait because the line broke.

4. Member
    Fluorocarbon around wood and braid around grass... Braid will bite into wood and break you off. Fluorocarbon will not cut into wood. And braid slices through grass with ease. You'll also lose less fish on a buzzbait with fluorocarbon. At least in my experience.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

Always braid on buzz bait, no leader... from Kerr to the rivers... same rod, same line...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    I like braid for a buzzbait but I also throw it on a medium rod,and no leader.

no reason to not use braid with buzz bait as well as frogs...……….I try to always use it with a 7 ft + medium rod is gives just enough the it stays hooked up and less likely to tear a fish off

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

Braid is less abrasion resistant to rock and concrete than mono or floro, I imagine rusty metal would probably hurt it too.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole