Installing remote drain plug issue

I am currently trying to install the remote drain plug on my 06 tr20x and I pulled the old plug off and when I went to put the remote drain plug in, it wouldn’t sit straight And it’s because of a layer of fiberglass that’s in behind the hole. Has anyone had this issue ? And if so, is there anything I can do about it or is it just not useable for me

2. Member
    By layer of fiberglass - do you mean loose fibers that are preventing it from laying flat? If so, just use a straight edge razor and trim them off. or sand it down to make it flat. Mine had some fibers like that and that's what I did.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

3. Member
    No it not really loose, it’s solid. I’ll try and get a picture of it.

4. Member
    Sand or grind it would be the only way...

5. Member
    I had to sand/file mine out a bit when I replaced the original plug with another one. Outside diameter was just a touch different.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

6. Member
    Don’t mind the chip in the bottom of the boat it was from the previous owner lol.. doesn’t leak tho
    A2B47C09-63BC-48DD-A160-C0C3C10F1860.jpegFFBED0E8-7A55-42B5-8080-DAC06839B9D1.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by macpassero View Post
    Don’t mind the chip in the bottom of the boat it was from the previous owner lol.. doesn’t leak tho
    A2B47C09-63BC-48DD-A160-C0C3C10F1860.jpegU
    It’s just a piece of resin from either a repair or excess when made, file it, sand it, drill it, whatever works for you to clean it up
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

8. Member
    It looks as though it’s not sitting right due the the fibreglass on the bottom of the full, inside the boat. I would take a little off the top of the hole on the outside and a little off the bottom on the inside to get it to sit more flush on the outside, then use enough silicone to seal up any voids.

9. Member
    It looks as though it’s not sitting right due the the fibreglass on the bottom of the full, inside the boat. I would take a little off the top of the hole on the outside and a little off the bottom on the inside to get it to sit more flush on the outside, then use enough silicone to seal up any voids.