Thread: New tin upgrade

New tin upgrade

Bought a new tin boat last week. Ranger Rt178. Came stock w/12v MK edge and a Hook at the console.
    Bought a 24v ultrex w/link and a helix 10 msi for bow. will mount ducer to TM. plan to eventually get another helix for console and transom mount the msi ducer (unless otherwise advised) and a mega 360.
    Anyone done a similar install? Have a third battery installed but not yet wired. Any wiring/power issues I need to look out for? Would like to avoid frying my new electronics.

Thanks

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The wiring on these boats is straightforward and instillation should be a breeze, most on BBC would recommend that you wire your electronics directly to your starting battery with a fuse in-between. Personally I used the manufacturer installed connection block under the pedal tray or behind the front panel for my bow electronics. You will have a great set up with those electronics.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

If you run a wire(s) directly to the battery for the electronics make sure you put the fuse on the battery side

4. Member
    Great, thank you both!

5. Member
    Shermantxbass, I purchased the same boat. How did you end up mounting you electronics in the bow? I purchased the same trolling motor. Thanks. D

6. Member
    Your

7. Member
    Run 10ga wiring, newer graphs love free flowing power. they burn up if running small restrictive light wire
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury ProXs 115hp FourStroke
    Spitfire s/s x7 19p
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb 24v
    Atlas Hydraulic Jp 4" setback
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 Dash & Bow

8. Member
    I mounted my HDS7 up front on a Dekit mount and wired it to the block under the foot pedal basin.

9. Member
    +1 on the 10 gauge

10. Member
    Might want to run a network cable while your at it so when you get your second Helix you'll be able to network them together!