Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Selling A Legend?

With Legend being bought out and shut down, what is the realistic chances of selling a used Legend and not taking a beating on price? Wanting to trade up and dealers don't want to give a fair price (IMO) on trade.

2. Banned
    0%

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Well, you're not gonna get new boat price, if that's what you're looking for. I'd say depends on the year/model, but Legend seems to have a loyal following, Champions are selling at about what one would expect for a comparable boat considering age even though the brand was shut down in 2010. Some models bring a little more due to desirability. If the boat has been maintained and well taken care of, it'll sell.

4. Member
    I just traded a 2017 V20 with 40 hours on it in pristine condition. I took a hit but not what it would have been in my opinion in a year or so. Maybe I just want the Merc V8 and am justifying it by thinking there was no better time to trade than now. Not sure but think my boat would never be worth as much as right now. The Legend shutdown combined with the Merc release of the V8 created a perfect storm to get screwed I think.

5. Member
    them being shut down doesnt make as much difference is what you are trying to sell your boat at pricewise look around an see what they are selling for an that will give you an idea what its worth.

What legend models and year are you guys selling. I am looking for one as we speak.
    I'm trading a Bay boat to get back into a bass boat.
    Last edited by NewEnglandLegend; 08-29-2019 at 02:38 PM.

7. Member
    I am talking about a 2012 211 with 250 Mercury.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandLegend View Post
    What legend models and year are you guys selling. I am looking for one as we speak.
    I'm trading a Bay boat to get back into a bass boat.
    The V20's are taking more of a hit, they had some structural issues early on, the Alpha models probably have the best resale value.

9. Member
    Depending on boat condition, hours, upgrades, colors etc..
    I wouldn't sell my boat for less than what it's worth to me
    Which would be a lot until I found something nicer lol

10. Member
    I'll share some detailed info. A month ago I traded in my 2009 Alpha 211 for a 2019 Phoenix 921. The boat was in excellent condition and had approx 450 hours on the Merc 250 proxs. The boat had Lowrance gen 1 12 and a 9 inch graphs. The dealer gave me $26,000 trade in value plus they transferred my X2 battery and talons over to the new boat without charging me any additional labor. I figured with the taxes I saved (approx. $2200 and the value of the talons approx. $5000), I would have had to sell my boat for around $33,000 if I sold it private party to get the same deal. I bought the boat used for $32,000 back in 2013. I added the graphs, ultrex, and talons. I think it held it's value very well.

11. Member
    I sold my '07 LE199 for $26,500 in May. Sold in 10 minutes.

12. Member
    Getting ready to list my 2017 V20 if anyone is interested pm me for details.

It’s still hard for me to understand why JM would pull the plug on the Legend brand of boats. I think they’re one of the best looking rigs on the water. Hopefully you guys won’t get hurt on value.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank87 View Post
    With Legend being bought out and shut down, what is the realistic chances of selling a used Legend and not taking a beating on price? Wanting to trade up and dealers don't want to give a fair price (IMO) on trade.
    Have you considered that the "fair price" in you opinion is both unrealistic and out of alignment with NADA???? Just saying...
    You do know that dealers give you wholesale and they sell retail? Sell it outright and you can expect something in-between them both.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    It’s still hard for me to understand why JM would pull the plug on the Legend brand of boats. I think they’re one of the best looking rigs on the water. Hopefully you guys won’t get hurt on value.
    I don't know why it's hard for you to understand...they didn't sell enough of them to remain in business. My dealer found that out. The Champion owners cried like babies when they went under, but now that Charger has popped the original hulls and are basically producing the same boat, sales are not exactly jumping off the charts.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    them being shut down doesnt make as much difference is what you are trying to sell your boat at pricewise look around an see what they are selling for an that will give you an idea what its worth.
    Smartest answer yet. Painfully truthful.

17. Member
    There is not another boat made that matches V20

18. Member
    mr mason if your statement was correct they would still be in business an selling them. they didnt have a good enough dealer network to support enough retail sales to keep them going.

19. Member
    Triton need a plant so legend out and in with Triton.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    There is not another boat made that matches V20
    Guess you got one of the good ones, a LE or a Alpha yes, a V I would not have one its the model that sunk the company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast