Question Sterling Build help question...

So I’d like some help from someone who knows the Ins and Outs of the build of the Sterling, or someone who has already had to do the following...

#1 while replacing the bulb right before blast off in the dark, on my port bow navigation light, (should have turned switch off first) I touched the prongs just write and saw an ark... it tripped something and now I have ZERO navigation lights... the switch doesn’t even light up....
    checked the breaker panel under driver console and the reset button was not tripped...

is there an in-line fuse somewhere behind the panel???

#2 got a trim tab actuator INTERMITTENTLY failing...like works once every 40 attempts...when press down or Up it makes zero noise ... hoping it’s a lose wire but, problem is access to the actuator...
    on my 2100s it was easy...

•is there an easy way to remove a panel inside the compartment OR the rear DECK ?
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

2. Member
    Hard to tell if a breaker is tripped, had same problem with bilge pump, had to push hard to get it to reset. Take the back aluminum panel off, its under there I'm pretty sure. The two big floor panels on the back deck will come up also just have a few screws on them and they lift up, don't think the actuators can be accessed through there though.

3. Finally over 80
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    So I’d like some help from someone who knows the Ins and Outs of the build of the Sterling, or someone who has already had to do the following...

#1 while replacing the bulb right before blast off in the dark, on my port bow navigation light, (should have turned switch off first) I touched the prongs just write and saw an ark... it tripped something and now I have ZERO navigation lights... the switch doesn’t even light up....
    checked the breaker panel under driver console and the reset button was not tripped...

is there an in-line fuse somewhere behind the panel???

#2 got a trim tab actuator INTERMITTENTLY failing...like works once every 40 attempts...when press down or Up it makes zero noise ... hoping it’s a lose wire but, problem is access to the actuator...
    on my 2100s it was easy...

•is there an easy way to remove a panel inside the compartment OR the rear DECK ?
    NO inline fuse. I have done the same thing just go push in every circuit breaker,. you'll find one popped.
    In order to access the trim actuators you have to take the inside panels off in the both sides of the storage areas and also remove the center rear plate to access the actuator wiring .

Quote Originally Posted by sterling11 View Post
    NO inline fuse. I have done the same thing just go push in every circuit breaker,. you'll find one popped.
    In order to access the trim actuators you have to take the inside panels off in the both sides of the storage areas and also remove the center rear plate to access the actuator wiring .
    ok, well in the dark and pressed every single one of those little nipples like 10x before blast off and even crawled under there and read the labels with a flash light and made certain the NAVIGATION LIGHT trip was not tripped.....i'll check again...

as for the Actuator...
    are you saying to go inside the rear storage and REMOVE the storage Wall?
    or
    saying remove the top rear deck lid that has carpet on it?

5. Finally over 80
    IM SENT

Update:

****the nav lights trip reset button was indeed tripped ( even though I pressed it 15x prior to blast off, the little rubber nipple blocks it and u can’t tell it is still tripped)...*****very important for the sterling Guys to know in case it happens to you guys...

actuator access panel...

ok... so the rear top deck is removable... But OMG FML!!!! Two little stupid bolts hold that deck lid down on top of the gas tank...but you have to completely remove the oil tank(just so happen to not be needing that anymore;)!!!! )...then remove the inner walls... nearly impossible to bend them enough, (may cut at the corner before re-installing and make them a 2 piece)...

Actuator bushes are beginning to fail... u can hear them grinding... will go ahead and order a new pair ...

hope this helps someone...