Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What is wrong with car dealers?

Find a car I am interested in last week, dealer is 30 minutes away but I happen to be driving by Friday. Call ahead, they get me a salesman, I show up and car is there, I didn't even want to test drive it. Because I was returning from dropping off son for college, had truck, not car I would trade in. Gave salesman license plate and he gives me estimate on trade in. I ask him to give me a price on new car. He comes back a few minutes later with price I expected. Another salesman comes up and says, "Hey, we just got a down payment on that car." My salesman tells me he'll figure out what is going on. Needless to say, I have not heard from him.

Car is still on their website. Has everything I want, very few like it available.

With 7-8 salesman standing around when I left, as the only customer in the place, you'd think they would be a little interested, especially since I am dealing with a major Corvette upgrade.

I feel like just walking away, but will now only deal with the manager and use their crappy service as a bargaining chip.

If the story they are telling is true

Would you be happy if the rolls were reversed ? You put down a down payment and they say hey we are going to let this other guy buy it who hasn’t put down a down payment

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Find a car I am interested in last week, dealer is 30 minutes away but I happen to be driving by Friday. Call ahead, they get me a salesman, I show up and car is there, I didn't even want to test drive it. Because I was returning from dropping off son for college, had truck, not car I would trade in. Gave salesman license plate and he gives me estimate on trade in. I ask him to give me a price on new car. He comes back a few minutes later with price I expected. Another salesman comes up and says, "Hey, we just got a down payment on that car." My salesman tells me he'll figure out what is going on. Needless to say, I have not heard from him.

Car is still on their website. Has everything I want, very few like it available.

With 7-8 salesman standing around when I left, as the only customer in the place, you'd think they would be a little interested, especially since I am dealing with a major Corvette upgrade.

I feel like just walking away, but will now only deal with the manager and use their crappy service as a bargaining chip.
    there's a difference between very few and none............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    The title of this thread begs more typing than I'm willing to do during my cocktail hour. Good luck to the OP, I hope you get the vehicle you want with minimum grief..

Dale Sinclair original

5. Member
    "Very few" are often sold out of state and it takes a while to get all the paper work done with out of state taxes and such.

Lies and deceit, who knew

Never trust anything a car dealer says

8. Member
    What did dealer do wrong? You were negotiating and someone else put down a deposit.

9. Member
    Yep sounds like another salesman had a customer interested in the car and gave him a heads up to either shit or get off the pot. And he didn’t get off the pot. Find a different car.

What did you want the '7-8 salesmen standing around' to do? They're not UAW assembly line workers so they weren't gonna build you one. Try to talk you down from a specific Corvette to a stock Malibu?
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

11. Member
    Ha! I can beat that. Made a deal on a truck and they gave me the. Out the door price/paper work. Left to go get check from bank. Just as the bank was getting ready to print check. They called me and said truck was sold.
    Every time I think about it. I go give them a negative review along with a few friends. LoL Matter of fact it's time to do it again and send a group text.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    What did dealer do wrong? You were negotiating and someone else put down a deposit.
    Please, let's stick with the premise stated in the thread title.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    Ha! I can beat that. Made a deal on a truck and they gave me the. Out the door price/paper work. Left to go get check from bank. Just as the bank was getting ready to print check. They called me and said truck was sold.
    Every time I think about it. I go give them a negative review along with a few friends. LoL Matter of fact it's time to do it again and send a group text.
    Did you have a deposit on it?

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I am looking hard for a ram Laramie cab. Dealing with 5 different dealers and can’t find the one I want and want to order a 2020. None of them are anxious to do that and just looking for the guy that walks in and buys on the spot. I’m sick of looking
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I am looking hard for a ram Laramie cab. Dealing with 5 different dealers and can’t find the one I want and want to order a 2020. None of them are anxious to do that and just looking for the guy that walks in and buys on the spot. I’m sick of looking
    You can order a 2020 at anytime, they just won't give you a smoking deal on it.

Personally I prefer the dentist over a car dealer.

17. Member
    Lol I was that guy a few weeks ago. Dealership had 3 people trying to get approved for a f250 they priced about 4K too cheap and I bought it out from under them since we didn’t have to borrow any on it. At the end of the day, the guy who comes up with money first should get it, simple as that.

My granddaughter had an appointment this past Sat. morning to test drive a car she was interested in. Drives across Omaha ( 20 miles.) Shows up at the time the salesman and her agreed on (when the dealership opened). The car isn’t there, they let someone use it as a loaner while their car was in the shop. Salesman knew the car wasn’t going to be there on Sat. morning.

Shame on you Superior Honda. She won’t go back to your dealership

19. Member
    What is wrong with car dealers?
    How much time do you have?

Probably more disappointed he has not heard back from the salesman one way or the other.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast