Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrasport80 View Post
    I've got gen 2 Mega that has never had an update. It looks his new one is working fine. Can I update to the new revision without going thru each revision?
    Yes the current version has all the previous versions included. You cannot skip any if you wanted to.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member

Thumbs Up

Went out and tested my unit with the y cable connected to my Helix G2N SI/DI transducer and the lowQ transducer from my Helix Mega DI unit, it works great!
    Really liking the new SI water column enhancement adjustment, fish really pop!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Went out and tested my unit with the y cable connected to my Helix G2N SI/DI transducer and the lowQ transducer from my Helix Mega DI unit, it works great!
    Really liking the new SI water column enhancement adjustment, fish really pop!
    Nice ... It will be REALLY hard to top that. Where do we go from here ...... Live?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yes the current version has all the previous versions included. You cannot skip any if you wanted to.
    Thanks Wayne!

5. Member
    Royt / Wayne, I have a helix 12 g2n mega si. If I'm understanding this correctly there is now a low q 2d transducer that I can use with a y cable. So I would have low q 2d and still have mega si/di with my stock transducer. Is that correct? If it is.... what is the model number of the new low q 2d transducer? I already have the y cable for the helix 12 g2n si.... so I think all I would need is the new transducer. Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    Royt / Wayne, I have a helix 12 g2n mega si. If I'm understanding this correctly there is now a low q 2d transducer that I can use with a y cable. So I would have low q 2d and still have mega si/di with my stock transducer. Is that correct? If it is.... what is the model number of the new low q 2d transducer? I already have the y cable for the helix 12 g2n si.... so I think all I would need is the new transducer. Thanks for the help guys.

There is nothing new for your unit except the 2.110 software update that gives it the capability to use the Minnkota MSI transducer. That transducer does Low-Q Dual Spectrum HW CHIRP 2D sonar just like the MDI transducer.
    Before that software update, you could make the G2N MEGA SI unit into a MEGA DI unit with HW 2D sonar. Several had been doing that.
    Sooooo since it has the capability to do both HW and SI now with the new software version, you can use the transducers for the G3N units to get Low-Q Dual Spectrum HW sonar and not loose any capability.

For use with the Y cable:

Transom--XNT 9 HW T
    Shoot-thru--XP 9 HW or XP 9 HW T
    Thru-hull--XPTH 9 HW T
    Suction cup--XPT 9 HW T

Royt is using his XNT 9 HW DI T for the HW part since he already had that transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Humminbird 710277-1 XTM 9 HW T

wayne is this the right transducer for HW at the trolling motor? I have a g2n chirp di at the bow and never really use di so I was considering replacing it with this.
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Humminbird 710277-1 XTM 9 HW T

wayne is this the right transducer for HW at the trolling motor? I have a g2n chirp di at the bow and never really use di so I was considering replacing it with this.

Yes, XTM is the trolling motor puck for HW CHIRP

High Wide CHIRP would be the Connected Transducer setting for it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Thanks
    Nitro z21

10. Member
    So before I place the order I just want to verify I'm understanding you correctly..... I can take the Transom--XNT 9 HW T low q transducer and the XM 9 20 MSI T - Transom HELIX MEGA SI MEGA DI Transducer, connect them together with the y cable and have the 2d from the low q chirp transducer and still have my side and down imaging from my MSI transducer.

Thanks for the help Wayne!

11. Member
    Had to purchase a SD to micro SD they always have to change shit up so still waiting

12. Member
    So I installed the update of both of my G3 units however my SI unit prompts me to install 1.9 everytime it starts up. Is there a way to delete the old software file from the unit? My DI unit is fine. Both units were updated with the fishsmart app.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanC View Post
    So I installed the update of both of my G3 units however my SI unit prompts me to install 1.9 everytime it starts up. Is there a way to delete the old software file from the unit? My DI unit is fine. Both units were updated with the fishsmart app.

New software overwrites older software.

Do you have a memory card in the unit with 1.900 on it????

Do you have 1.900 in your mobile device's memory????
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by JordanC View Post
    Another thing, does your unit show that 2.110 is installed?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

My 2 cents on my update installation, no problems installing. My 360 display on my Helix G2N is a heck of a lot hotter after the update. I’m running “1” sensitivity on most pallets with low teens on the contrast. I’m sure I will get use to the hotter screens, it is just different from what I was used to.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Another thing, does your unit show that 2.110 is installed?
    I just re opened the fishsmart app and paired my unit through Bluetooth. At first it showed 1.9 installed and then updates to 2. Unit turned on and didn’t prompt for 1.9. Guess that worked. Thanks Wayne

17. Member
    Updated all three mega units. Solved all problems I had previously and images are by far better. This is the first update that has covered all the bases.

So in another post I mentioned that Wayne and I tested the G3N transducer on my G2N Helix 10 Si Mega.

I currently have the stock Mega 2d/di/si transducer on my trolling motor.

The new transducer just came in the mail and I installed it. So now I have Dual Spectrum 2d/mega di and mega si all in one transducer. Too hot Thursday so will test Friday

The new transducer is for G3N plus units but the plus feature will not work on the G2N. Just regular Mega.

Trolling motor version XTM 9 HW MSI T
    Transom version XM 9 HW MSI T

By far cheapest price
    https://www.hodgesmarine.com

Lookin good Roy!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    So in another post I mentioned that Wayne and I tested the G3N transducer on my G2N Helix 10 Si Mega.

I currently have the stock Mega 2d/di/si transducer on my trolling motor.

The new transducer just came in the mail and I installed it. So now I have Dual Spectrum 2d/mega di and mega si all in one transducer. Too hot Thursday so will test Friday

The new transducer is for G3N plus units but the plus feature will not work on the G2N. Just regular Mega.

Trolling motor version XTM 9 HW MSI T
    Transom version XM 9 HW MSI T

By far cheapest price
    https://www.hodgesmarine.com
    So I called humminbird yesterday and after waiting on the phone for 45 minutes I asked her the same question I posted above......
    "So before I place the order I just want to verify I'm understanding you correctly..... I can take the Transom--XNT 9 HW T low q transducer and the XM 9 20 MSI T - Transom HELIX MEGA SI MEGA DI Transducer, connect them together with the y cable and have the 2d from the low q chirp transducer and still have my side and down imaging from my MSI transducer."

I was informed it absolutely wouldn't work..... she said that transducer was for the g3n units only. I tried telling her that their website said it would work with a g2n unit but it was like talking to a wall. The fact that your graph is working with a g3n MSI transducer tells me mine should work too. Honestly I think I just got a bad service rep..... so I'm still hoping that the configuration I mentioned above will work. If not I would definitely still consider doing the same thing you did and just get the g3n msi transducer. I was just hoping to spend 70$ instead of $300

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast