Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Member
    ridge runner,
    It worked for me and should work for you. All I needed to buy was a Y cable. If my di/lowQ transducer didn't work I would have just bought a HW transducer and y cable and connected it that way, still cheaper for my transom mount application than a new Mega+ transducer

MonteSS,
    Looking forward to seeing some images from your trolling motor setup. I know your really going to like it.

Humminbird,
    Thanks for a great update!

2. Member
    Thanks Royt. Appreciate all the help guys!

From what i have seen HB will NOT confirm that the G3N transducers will work on a G2N.

But with update 2.110 it does seem to work as Roy was first to confirm this.

4. Member
    I placed my order today.... so I guess we will see.

Tried out the new transducer today and WOW the Dual Spectrum is a huge improvement in 2d. Side and down work great with the new update. Fish in the water column and to the sides really pop. I think I finally found the perfect unit.

S00320.PNG
    S00335.PNG

S00337.PNG

S00319.PNG

S00342.PNG

6. Member
    Way cool on the low q with the g2n units.
    I have a helix 9 mega SI g2n unit. What transducer and y cable would I need so I could improve my 2d as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachzee20 View Post
    Way cool on the low q with the g2n units.
    I have a helix 9 mega SI g2n unit. What transducer and y cable would I need so I could improve my 2d as well?
    XNT 9 HW for transom
    XPTH 9 HW T for thru-hull
    XP 9 HW for shoot-thru

The Y cable is 9 M SIDB Y
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Thanks Wayne, and if I am reading the others correctly, I will still get DI and SI from my mega transducer and receive the new better 2d from the low q ducer. Correct?

9. Member
    And my depth will now be read by the XNT 9 HW for transom transducer correct?

I installed my mega ducer a bit higher as to protect it from stumps and what not. I loose bottom at 8 mph. No biggie tho. If depth is now read from the xnt 9 hw, I may mount that one a bit lower....

Quote Originally Posted by Coachzee20 View Post
    And my depth will now be read by the XNT 9 HW for transom transducer correct?

I installed my mega ducer a bit higher as to protect it from stumps and what not. I loose bottom at 8 mph. No biggie tho. If depth is now read from the xnt 9 hw, I may mount that one a bit lower....
    The Y cable has no circuit for the 2D piezo in the SI transducer, the 2D circuit is on the other leg of the Y cable. You will get 2D from the added transducer all the time and DI/SI/Temp from the SI transducer all the time.

Since the transom 2D transducers are smaller, they work better than the larger transducers for transom attachment at speed. You just have to install it so it can work properly.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Again you have been a great help Wayne thx

12. Member

13. Member
    MonteSS,
    super nice images! Yes the 2d images are much improved and your right the fish really do "pop" in the water column and on the side image. Thanks again Wayne and HB!

14. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Is this thread dedicated to Helix updates or will Solix Updates be announced and discussed here as well? I know the last update for Solix was in June but don't know when the next one will drop.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Is this thread dedicated to Helix updates or will Solix Updates be announced and discussed here as well? I know the last update for Solix was in June but don't know when the next one will drop.
    No. There are usually separate posts for new releases by model. This one appeared to be for 2.110. There may also be follow-on separate posts regarding performance.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    So I called humminbird yesterday and after waiting on the phone for 45 minutes I asked her the same question I posted above......
    "So before I place the order I just want to verify I'm understanding you correctly..... I can take the Transom--XNT 9 HW T low q transducer and the XM 9 20 MSI T - Transom HELIX MEGA SI MEGA DI Transducer, connect them together with the y cable and have the 2d from the low q chirp transducer and still have my side and down imaging from my MSI transducer."

I was informed it absolutely wouldn't work..... she said that transducer was for the g3n units only. I tried telling her that their website said it would work with a g2n unit but it was like talking to a wall. The fact that your graph is working with a g3n MSI transducer tells me mine should work too. Honestly I think I just got a bad service rep..... so I'm still hoping that the configuration I mentioned above will work. If not I would definitely still consider doing the same thing you did and just get the g3n msi transducer. I was just hoping to spend 70$ instead of $300
    Well the configuration I mentioned above worked just fine.... despite being told by the customer service rep at humminbird that it wouldn't work..... 2d was noticeably better in my opinion. Thanks to all those who helped!

17. Member
    I updated to 2.1 on my helix 9 SI g2n. I’m not sure if the imaging is better or not yet. Old version was 1.64. Humminbird won’t send me 1.64 to go back to it. They say it will break my unit.

One thing I noticed on 2.1, is that my side imaging freezes every now and then. Not for very long tho. Maybe a second is all. It’s annoying. Anyone else notice this?

18. Member
    Wayne. My new ranger was built in March/April of this year. What are the chances of the factory installed thru hull transducer being the XP 9 HW?

19. Member
    You gotta physically look at your transducer cable near the plug the model number should be on it

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Wayne. My new ranger was built in March/April of this year. What are the chances of the factory installed thru hull transducer being the XP 9 HW?
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    If you don't have a Helix G3 or G3N unit, the chances that you have a HW transducer installed is near zero.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast