Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    There are no more Onix updates. The last one was 3.30. That was the last one, ever. Bob
    Wrong! It is good to be wrong sometimes. 3.050 released 9/20/19
    Last edited by bobcoy; 09-20-2019 at 09:34 PM.

2. Member
    A few screenshots from Helix 10 G3N

S00021.PNG

S00022.PNG

S00023.PNG

S00024.PNG

S00025.PNG

S00026.PNG

S00028.PNG

S00029.PNG

ow_upstream&downstream.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tweakjr; 08-28-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    There are no more Onix updates. The last one was 3.30. That was the last one, ever. Bob
    That's unfortunate, thanks god I purchased on clearance.

4. Member
    Cool shots, tweak!

5. Member
    I happened to find this
    Software Update - HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N v. 2.110
    Released 08-14-2019

Software Description
    New Features:
    LiveShare ZeroLine Support (GPS Models Only) - Multiple shoreline sources can now be individually selected in the AutoChart Live menu for use with AutoChart Live data including: “AutoChart PC” shorelines, new and improved AutoChart “LiveShare” shorelines, or “Zero Line SD Card” shorelines. Choose the one that works best for your lake or let the system automatically select based on the data that is available on-screen.
    Imaging Water Column Sensitivity (Imaging Models Only) – SwitchFire on Side Imaging and Down Imaging has been changed to Water Column Sensitivity. This feature allows the user to increase or decrease the sensitivity of the sonar return that is in the water column. Once this is done, the user can adjust the sensitivity of the entire sonar return with the Sensitivity menu setting.
    Imaging Contrast Improvements (Imaging Models Only) – Updated the contrast table for Side Imaging and Down Imaging Contrast
    Built-In MEGA SI+ Support (MEGA SI/MEGA SI+ models only) – New transducer mode that supports the Minn Kota Built-In MEGA SI+ transducer.
    Ice Mode on HELIX 8, 9, and 10 Models – Humminbird Ice Mode is now available on HELIX 8, 9, and 10 G2N/G3N models.
    Dynamic Imaging Contrast (Imaging Models Only) – Automatically enhances the contrast of the selected Side Imaging or Down Imaging color palette.
    Screen shot with Dynamic Imaging Contrast Off
    New Dynamic Imaging Contrast turned off
    Screen shot with Dynamic Imaging Contrast on
    New Dynamic Imaging Contrast turned on
    General Fixes:
    SONAR:

Fixed a sonar noise issue at 30 FT deep.
    Fixed a CHIRP frequency range issue at 130 kHz.
    Fixed an issue that was causing SI and DI returns to be 10 sensitivity values too weak on G2/G2N models.
    Fixed an issue with the SI Enhance menu that was causing Sharpness and Contour Mode to allow invalid menu options.
    Fixed an issue where DI Contrast was not functional on 455 and 800 kHz on G3/G3N models and 455/800/MEGA on G2/G2N models.
    360 IMAGING:

Fixed an issue where deploying the transom mount 360 Imaging would cause 2D, DI, and SI to stop scrolling until the unit was rebooted.
    Fixed an issue with the sonar cursor on 2D, DI, and SI panes that was being caused by 360 Imaging.
    i-PILOT LINK:

Fixed an issue where Follow-the-Contour would not populate on AutoChart Live data that was being displayed on top of the Humminbird Basemap.
    CHART:

Fixed an issue where heading data from the AS GPS HS would not display in a heading databox.
    SYSTEM:

Fixed an issue where putting a networked unit into Ice Mode would leave the unit is an invalid Open Water Mode / Ice Mode state.
    Fixed several Bluetooth device pairing issues.

6B9F8B13-69FE-44AE-89DB-C1C869475CF3.jpeg

Would that be what was causing the very dark images when 1.9 came out? The only cure was to bump up sensitivity.

Well hopefully this cures the ills from two weeks ago when I discovered the 1.9 updates and fubared my units. Headed out tomorrow to see what we get.

8. Member
    Getting ready to do the 2.110 update on g3 units. From what I gather I need to disconnect all cables except for power and transducer? Anyone use the fishsmart app to do this update yet?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontrx View Post
    Getting ready to do the 2.110 update on g3 units. From what I gather I need to disconnect all cables except for power and transducer? Anyone use the fishsmart app to do this update yet?
    Last I heard, the new update was not available on the app yet. I used a sd card.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    Last I heard, the new update was not available on the app yet. I used a sd card.
    Did you have the transducer connected when updating?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontrx View Post
    Did you have the transducer connected when updating?
    No I did not.... only the power cable.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

12. Member
    Updated both Helix 7 Chirp si GPS G2N and Helix 9 Mega si g2n
    They were connected while everything else was powered up including Ethernet switch, Transducers, NEMA 2K interface and engine, 360 system, Ulterra I-Link, etc.
    Both units updated with no issues via SD cards - tomorrow will give them a try
    Lets hope the software fixes many of the on-going issues and does not create a new set
    Looking forward to hearing from you all as to how things work

13. Member
    I have always updated units in simulator mode off boat without a transducer with no problems.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

14. Member
    Tweakjr, wow some really great screenshots at some really deep water and some great side image distances!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    It should be posted soon since this is part of the software description:

• Fixed an issue where DI Contrast was not functional on 455 and 800 kHz on G3/G3N models and 455/800/MEGA on G2/G2N models

This is the exact problem that I am hoping this software update fixes. Bad to have a DI G3N out of the box that doesnt function correctly
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    I tried to update the new software off of the FishSmart app Monday and it does not show the new update yet, only the 1.9

So, no 2D depth fix yet? I don’t see that in the list.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    So, no 2D depth fix yet? I don’t see that in the list.
    Most reported that the 1.90 update did a good job on the 2d depth issue. That update sure made my 2d depth reading rock solid after install.... it was just some other things I didn't care for on that 1.90 version.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

19. Member
    I have a question, I updated my helix 10 g3n si di at the console with no issues, I have a helix 10 g3n di at bow, can I upload the new software for the bow unit on the same sd card as I did for the console unit and will the bow unit give me the option of which update to download.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 96 Champ View Post
    I have a question, I updated my helix 10 g3n si di at the console with no issues, I have a helix 10 g3n di at bow, can I upload the new software for the bow unit on the same sd card as I did for the console unit and will the bow unit give me the option of which update to download.
    I would recommend only 1 update per card. And as an over abundance of caution.... I generally format the card prior to adding the update to the sd card, just to be sure it has nothing else on it. Yeah... I know.... probably over thinking it.. but I've never had an issue with the process.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast